X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpotLights

So I want the lighting effect against my structure to be like this:

But when I rebuild lighting it ends up like this, which I don't want:

How can I make it end up like the first pic?

I would set one of the spot lights to have a higher brightness and have it facing directly at that spot you want to light. You can also have the light and the mesh to have additional custom lighting channels. I tend to do this when I want a light's static mesh to be brighter.

You can also tweak the inner and outer cone angles to make it smaller and more concentrated on the desired spot you want to light up.

Comment

I'll try that and let you know. But I already have the light's cone facing directly at the mesh, and the outer 2 lights are facing down.

Comment

You can make a light function to do it.

http://www.hourences.com/book/tutori...htfunction.htm

Comment

Well I dont really want a light function, just have the spotlight focused in that one area in the first picture instead of making the mesh bright all over...

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
            Well I dont really want a light function, just have the spotlight focused in that one area in the first picture instead of making the mesh bright all over...
            You could have that one spotlight facing the mesh only lighting the mesh by a specific light channel. The mesh should receive light from normal sources, plus that special light channel.

Comment

Finally! I got it! I had to set "CanOnlyAffectSameAndSpecifiedLevels" in light properties.

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                Finally! I got it! I had to set "CanOnlyAffectSameAndSpecifiedLevels" in light properties.
                Glad you got it working, but that's an odd property to check to get it working, unless your map is part of multiple levels? I really don't understand the reason for that property, so I am a bit lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                  Glad you got it working, but that's an odd property to check to get it working, unless your map is part of multiple levels? I really don't understand the reason for that property, so I am a bit lost.
                  Yeah I don't get it either really, it's not part of multiple levels. I guess I'll have to research what it does exactly, I just thought I'd check that property to have it ON to see if it made a difference.

Comment

maybe the lightmap resolution was too low to properly show the light? but i dont know why it would work with that setting then.

Comment

Oh wait I know what it was now, it was the setting "ForceDynamicLight"

Comment

Working...
                      X