Making meshes using Epic Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making meshes using Epic Materials

I have noticed some high quality maps use custom static meshes and texture them with the stock epic materials. I understand the whole material ID thing, just not how you would go about lining up your UV's so precisely that they match the layout of the materials. This would be simple if the Epic textures could be exported but how would I make sure the right parts of the materials are on the right parts of the custom meshes? I tried looking at DM-CBP-Salvation for example, but I cant seem to figure it out. Can anyone offer any tips?

I would print screen and edit in PS.
    I have a large enough screen size to print screen the textures at 1024 sq. You can also set it to 512 sq. Then use that to line up your UVs.

Comment

There's some very good info in this thread here.

You can apparently export the Epic textures using a program called 3D Ripper DX. I've never used it myself, but it looks fairly easy to set up.

Comment

Originally posted by PixelDust View Post
        You can apparently export the Epic textures using a program called 3D Ripper DX. I've never used it myself, but it looks fairly easy to set up.
        It's not really worth using for the sake of textures to align UVs, setting the viewports to 1024 and print screening would be good enough.

Comment

Working...
        X