Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

warzone maps: nodes opening doors

hey

this may sound like a beginnerish question but i was wondering whether it was possible to have it in a warzone map that if you capture a node it opens a door and consequently if the node is lost then the door closes again? if so can anyone tell me how to accomplish this or lead me to a tutorial that would tell me how to do it?

thanks in advance.

Take a look at Tank Crossing or better, Onyx Coast - both have a node that activates a bridge

Comment

i will have custom maps

Comment

does anyone know which node it is that effects the gate?
        and also how it works since i cant see whats causing the bridge to move once the node has been activated?

Comment

Load OnyxCoast in the editor, and look at the Kismet. There is a white panel at the bottom right of the kismet window, with an entry saying "war-onyxcoast - Sequence"

Click the + next to it to expand it, you should see several entries including "Bridge_Taken"

Click on Bridge_Taken to view the Kismet for the bridge. It's all in there.

Comment

To help you out a bit, you want Kismet nodes that start with an Event that is linked to the specific node in your map, and the event being node captured. Then just link that to the trigger that opens your door.

Comment

i dunno what i am doing wrong but i cant see my nodes or power cores, am i missing something obvious or is there something to do in order to get it to work?

Comment

You may have accidentally toggled static meshes off. While in the editor, "w" toggles static meshes on/off for your active viewport.

Anything such as a weapon base, weapon locker, health pick-up, armor pick-up, flag base, power core is considered a static mesh and this can cause them to disappear in the editor viewport.

Comment

nah it shows up in the window when using the editor but when i try the level out the nodes dont show up

Comment

Working...
                  X