Showing UT3's HUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing UT3's HUD

I'm having problems getting my UT3 HUD to show up in the edator. Dose anyone know how to make it appear?

Originally posted by Kasigawa View Post
    I'm having problems getting my UT3 HUD to show up in the edator. Dose anyone know how to make it appear?
    Two console commands you can try are showhud and togglescreenshotmode 1 or 0. Try the 0 if the 1 doesn't work and vice versa.

Comment

Put a gametype prefix in the name of your map ex. "DM-whatever"

Comment

if those don't help when play testing bring up console and type showhud

Comment

HUD probs

I got the HUD back, but now I can't move! What the hell is going on? Has the moon crashed into the earth, hell froze over, the cake isn't a lie?

I have the UT3 HUD visible, but now whenever I try to test play in the UT3 editor only the direction of the screen moves, I can't move forward, backwards or sideways.

I have already re-installed the editor to my PC, it didn't solve anything.

Comment

I've found that occasionally the editor used to (it hasn't done this in a while for me) reset the movement controls back to the standard WASD instead of whatever you might have it set to in-game.

That might be it...?

Comment

-_-;

Doese anyone know how to fix this problem?

Comment

Check the blocking for where you are starting. If it is from a player start, make sure it is not below ground level.

Comment

I'm still stuck, maybe it has something to do with characters spawn. However if there was a way I could find a way to check the configurations that would be great.

Comment

try using the 'ghost' cheat to see if it is a control issue or a level issue

Comment

I'm also having this problem. My problem started after I moved from XP 32 bit to Vista 64bit, and after running a couple of updates for Vista, but I doubt that this is the cause as it was working.

The editor runs ok and I can build and save the level without any problems but when I try "Play from here" WASD keys don't respond & my mouse doesn't move. ESC doesn't work either.

Adding bots works, F1 doesn't.
                      ghost displays the "you feel ethereal" text but doesn't work.
                      behindview shows my character standing correctly, not in any walls / floors
                      Map does this at any starting point

Hope someone can help as I've taken some time to block out the level and add a few custom models / materials.

Comment

Working...
                      X