Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to incoporate custom audio taunts for custom character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to incoporate custom audio taunts for custom character?

Hi guys

I made a custom mesh/character that imported successfully into UT3, and now want to make custom audio taunts.

I google and searched the forums but not much luck (http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ghlight=taunts).

Can anybdoy please share suggestions or point me to a resource that shows up to package custom audio taunts into the character .upk etc?

Thanks
    JP

There are 2 parts. Importing the sounds into a package and editing/creating the script files.

- Unreal Editor accepts 8bit mono .wav files. If you do sound fx as well, you will also need sound cue assets. You can either duplicate them from an Epic package or setup your own.

- You need to create a script file for the taunts and voices. I suggest using one of the official script source scripts as a base and simply replacing the sound file names with the ones you will be using. The official scripts are named, UTVoice_Akasha.uc, UTVoice_Bishop.uc etc. and are found in the UTGame folder of the script source. Latest script source can be found here: UDN Home In your custom family script point to your custom voice script.

(taunts)
    Code:
      VoiceClass=Class'UT_GenMoKai.UTVoice_GenMoKai_Female'
    (snd fx)
    Code:
      SoundGroupClass=Class'UT_GenMoKai.UTSoundGroup_GenMoKai_Female'

Comment

kobra! DUDE you are a saint!! i again followed your sage advice and my custom chars now have working taunts / cues.

so my question - what is the best way to normalize volume of the custom WAVs to the average "sound level" of the retail ut3 characters?

thx

Comment

I'm glad you were able to get working taunts/cues. I'm happy to have helped.

In terms of noramlizing volume, I honestly don't know of any "best way". I don't work much with audio and when I did the sound pack for my Faraleth char I changed the volume levels by ear. You can right click on the imported sound file in UT3, choose properties, and change the volume level numerically in the dialogue box. I found that quicker than doing it in my audio app though it's definaiely not as accurate. Normally you would use the audio apps' volume meter or wav form graph to normalize the volume.

Comment

Working...
        X