Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things to check when cooking process starts to crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to check when cooking process starts to crash?

Hey guys.

Cooking my WAR map now crashes the cooking process. Not the editor itself just the cooking program. I am having a heck of a time trying to track down what is causing this. I save a lot so I have a lot of maps to compare against each other but I can't seem to track this thing down. Are there some basic things I should check when something like this happens? Like maybe some things that are known to crash the cooking process?

When it crashes is about 10secs after the “Cooking x” line appears. So it doesn’t crash right away.

I have isolated all the changes I could find between the save that cooks and the save where it started crashing and I've had no luck isolating the problem. Could something outside of my edits be the cause? Some place else I should be checking?

Is there an error log for the cooking program?

Thanks.

Well after much twisting and deleting I found the culprit. It was the placement of a slow-field. Are there placement rules? As to what you can place things on and where and such? Places the editor doesn't like I mean.

Comment

It's because it's part of 2.0. See this thread for a fix.

Comment

Working...
      X