Mover clips through player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mover clips through player

I have a door that moves up to allow a player to progress through. I used a Trigger Volume to activate the movement when the player touches it. The problem is that when multiple players are touching the trigger it will keep resetting the door's animation. I need the door to remain "open" and stay open when players are in the trigger volume. When no players are touching the volume I want it to close.

Any help will be greatly Appreciated

You need something like that :

[shot]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7545/moverp.jpg[/shot]

Comment

I have mine setup like that currently. It works fine for a single player, but when multiple players are going in and out it will keep opening/closing instead of remaining open until all players leave the trigger.

Thanks for the quick reply though

Comment

You are right, I just tested my map with a lots of bots (it's a duel map so I never have the trouble lol) and it's don't work as my atempt... i will take a look to that and try to find a solution if nobody give you the solution before

Comment

Select your interpactor in your viewport in order to add a Mover event in the kismet editor. You can delete the new matinee, matinee data and the object variable instance which it adds. What you need is the "Hit Actor" node of the mover event. Tie this over to your current Matinee Change Dir or Reverse node.

Comment

Thanks Spermplant I just figured it out a minute ago. Here is an image of what was done

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/497/moveraction.jpg

Thank you for all the help btw

Comment

This might be completely wrong!

This is something further which may match your desired behavior a little better:

The top gate disallows re-trigger of Play until Play or Reverse have completed. Completed output tries to Reverse if lower gate allows, it depending on if players are touching the volume. You may need to add a delay which retries to activate this input if you do it this way. I have just set some great automatic doors up with an elevator the other day for a friend, but I decide to use separate matinee for the open and close animations in order to get "Completed" and "Aborted" events on both animations. In that map I used the Change Dir node if a player was hit (it was elevator doors after all )
              Change Dir activates the Aborted node, Reverse activates the Completed node.

Comment

oops you beat me to it! have a good time.
                also your image in IMG

Comment

Working...
                X