Bots in greed mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bots in greed mode?

It seems they are able to do their job fine in regular CTF mode but when I play my map as Greed mode, they just run around on the first floor most of the time? My map is multi-level. What can be done about this if anything?

Try to move the more powerful pickups towards the top or middle of the map.

Comment

Roger wilco, I'll give it a try

Comment

What Z-axis range?

GRD-Arena and GRD-9to5 are both multi-level and have little pathing problems. (And I know the source of mine with 9to5, just can't fix it without access to the base engine code.)

Tried using Wormbo's Spectate mutator to watch a GRD match and observe the pathing hangups?

Comment

Hmm, 2 threads on the same subject (don't read too much into this statement).

What I have witnessed is that bots seem to have trouble on very long maps (eg: OmicronDawn), but I have seen them work well enough in Hydrosis and Nanoblack. In HeadRush and my current conversion, CTF-GRD-Tomac, they work just fine (the last two aren't traditional CTF layouts and tend to be a bit more round in over all shape).

Comment

I've noticed they sometimes don't leave the base areas at all on certain maps. I'm clueless as to why.

Comment

I have the same problem with my map. The bots work well in CTF, but in Greed they just don't really seem to care about killing the enemy, leaving the base, or turning in the skulls at all.

Comment

While not a quick process by any means spectating a 1v1 botVbot CTF and a GRD version with the same parameters while watching for the bot AI changes could provide a clue. Expecially if they are not picking up an enemy in the GRD gametype.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                  I've noticed they sometimes don't leave the base areas at all on certain maps. I'm clueless as to why.
                  I sort of tested this out in OmicronDawn. I basically just hung out with the bots and neither team advanced. But if I went to the other based, died, that team would eventually go and try to deposit the skull. That would then get my team involved as they can see another to kill.

I created a new copy of the map and built/cooked it to see if that was related to the issue, but it wasn't. I am bit clueless too...

Comment

Working...
                  X