Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ring-Gate Teleporters" telefragging everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I'm pretty sure the object will disappear, and the player will still be there.

In the original suggestion, the player is limited by their terminal velocity - they can only move so quickly.

Not to mention the resulting mess in a networked environment, and potential collision issues.

Comment

Think I found a working upload site but if anyone knows of a better one please let me know.
      Anyhow, here is my map for testing gate mechanics. Edit: Map unlinked due to not working.
      I'll link it again once I get the error fixed.

From what I've seen during my testing, the 2 way gates are very relyabe.
      However the random gates work 9 times outta 10 during my testing. My main problem is that every so often one of the teleports sends you to the wrong spot. However, that could be an error on my linking in kismet.

The problem with that is it would only teleport the player that triggers the volume - when Stargate ring transporters transport everyone within the rings.
      Still working on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
        i think if you select the interpolation type that instantly switches between keyframes without any fading (cant remeber the name atm) it should work like a telporter. only if a player is in the air while the platforms switch he wouldt get "teleportet"
        Actually, before I started with the teleporters, I happened to come acrost this by accedent with some lifts.
        Setting the keyframe interpolation to "Constant" would blink the base platform form one point to another, and as close as they were the player would still be attached. However when I tried this method for the ring gates it wouldn't work for me.

Comment

yea, that's what i meant. it works for lifts, so i thought maybe it works in that case too.

Comment

your ring meshes seem to be in a seperate package, therefore the whole system doesnt work :/

you should always save your custom content inside your mapfile.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
              your ring meshes seem to be in a seperate package, therefore the whole system doesnt work :/

you should always save your custom content inside your mapfile.
              Sorry, like I said I'm still new to this. I'll give it another try once unreal edit stops crashing on me...

Edit: Just uploaded the map uncooked with the package containing the meshes.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/agd9...gGatesTest_zip

Comment

Working...
              X