Terrain invisible in-game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain invisible in-game?

Hi, I have a map that has three terrain infos. In the editor, you can see all three terrains. However, in-game, only two of them are visible. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Do you have some screenshots?

Comment

I had 3 terrain infos in one map once (though I ended up deleting one). But I didn't have any problems. You do know that you can't see one side of the terrain as it doesn't render?

Comment

The normals are definitely facing up. Here's the weird thing, the terrain shows up on some computers, but not on others. It's fine on my laptop, which has an old video card that is below the minimum requirements of UT3. On my desktop, which is a core i7 with three gigs of ram and a Radeon 4800 (pci-e 2.0), it doesn't render.

Edit: I don't have any screenshots right now (I'm at work), but I can post some later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Archasis View Post
          The normals are definitely facing up. Here's the weird thing, the terrain shows up on some computers, but not on others. It's fine on my laptop, which has an old video card that is below the minimum requirements of UT3. On my desktop, which is a core i7 with three gigs of ram and a Radeon 4800 (pci-e 2.0), it doesn't render.

Edit: I don't have any screenshots right now (I'm at work), but I can post some later tonight.
          Maybe you can send me the map. Some times it's necessary to have 'look around" to see what's up. By any chance, did you set one of these terrain to only render at higher world detail settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
            By any chance, did you set one of these terrain to only render at higher world detail settings?
            I thoroughly checked all of the properties of each terrain, and they are identical. Here's what it looks like in the editor and then in-game:

Originally posted by Odedge
            Maybe you can send me the map. Sometimes it's necessary to have 'look around" to see what's up.
            I would, but the map is for an unreleased TC mod. I would have to send you the whole deal. Thanks for the offer to take a look though! I'm going to try cooking it and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Archasis View Post
              I thoroughly checked all of the properties of each terrain, and they are identical. Here's what it looks like in the editor and then in-game:
              That's odd. I have had two terrain actors intersecting each other it didn't cause an issue (like BSP can). In the Advanced section (iirc), do you have it set to not display in game? (I am running out of ideas)

I would, but the map is for an unreleased TC mod. I would have to send you the whole deal. Thanks for the offer to take a look though! I'm going to try cooking it and see if that makes a difference.
              I see that being a problem. Just out of curiosity, why do you need another terrain actor. It looks like the invisible one should be the same as the visible one.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why do you need another terrain actor. It looks like the invisible one should be the same as the visible one.
                The extra terrain is used to fix an "oops" as well as an optimization thing. The second terrain is out of the playing bounds and has half the number of subdivisions. Ultimately, I should've just extended the main terrain, but I didn't want to have to re-paint the heightmap and material layers. If only you could merge terrains! That would be wonderful.

Comment

In the Advanced section (iirc), do you have it set to not display in game?
                  It is set to display in-game, which it does on most computers... just not my desktop at home . I'll test out a cooked version tonight.

Comment

i rarely have the bug of terrain not showing up ingame, mostly pressing escape or alt tabbing out of the game fixes it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
                      ...mostly pressing escape or alt tabbing out of the game fixes it tho.
                      I'll give that a try, thanks.

Comment

Cooked solved it, as well as alt-tabbing out and back in. Thanks everyone!

Comment

np, glad it works now.

Comment

Working...
                          X