Material Blend Very Weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Blend Very Weak

I am having trouble blending 2 materials for some reason. I have done this before with good results but for some reason this one is giving me trouble. The blend is there but it is very weak/faint. It mostly looks like the texture connected to the B channel of the lerp. Can you guys take a look at this and see what I need to add/change? I tried to connect a texcoord and constant2 to together to the material "chain" to the bumpoffset coord for each but it just resulted in the material getting blurred regardless of my values (and I tried a ton!). Do I need to increase the power of the alpha some how? I have tried changing its values as well and though you can see the changes it doesn't affect the weakness of the blend.

(ignore the lerp in the bottom left corner that is just where I was messing around with the normal)

My Blend Material

Thanks.

You need more contrast on that alpha texture, so i think yes add power node. But best would be making new texture, where black - is for one material to fully show and white for other. Now you have some various levels of gray, so both textures look mixed up.

Also if this is for custom mesh that has around 2000 polys check vertex colors, it is faster to make and works per mesh basis without making custom texture and skin for each one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
      You need more contrast on that alpha texture, so i think yes add power node. But best would be making new texture, where black - is for one material to fully show and white for other. Now you have some various levels of gray, so both textures look mixed up.
      Thanks I will give both of those a try. I thought the alpha needed to be some kind of gray scale. I didn't know you could ere on the black/white side. That's a nice bit of info.

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
      Also if this is for custom mesh that has around 2000 polys check vertex colors, it is faster to make and works per mesh basis without making custom texture and skin for each one.
      It's just for a ground texture on some BSP. Using the regular textures that I want to use just tile bit to much and plus I think they complement each other nicely.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X