rotating a fan blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rotating a fan blade?

I can't quite figure out how to make a rotating fan. I assume that matinee is where I need to be but...I don't know. Help?

Hey gatordile,

You can find a very nice tutorial about movers on Hourences' site:

http://hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3mover.htm

At the bottom of that tutorial page, there is a section called "A continuously rotating animation". Just follow the steps to make your rotating fan and there's no Matinee needed!

Comment

opps...must have missed it. Thanks

Comment

New Problem...The axis point on this fan blade is not in the center. How do I permanently change the axis point. By right clicking on the staticmesh I can temporarily change the pivot point but it won't rotate on the new point and will always go back to the default pivot.

Comment

I doubt you can move axis on mesh without editing it in 3d app.

But you can "hax" it:

Add small mover as axis. then hard attach your fan to that mover, and rotate mover. Fan should just nicely follow.

For continous rotation you do not need matinee. Set axis mover to phys_rotating, then setup rotation rate.

I am checking which one rotation rate is right one by filling up mesh rotation above then watching what direction it rotates.

Comment

Now I feel stupid...how do you add a mover as an axis?

Comment

The fan blades gave me hours of grief. Here's how to change the pivot point of an interpactor: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=596025

Comment

Sweet...I got it working. You're the man...or woman...I guess that depends on which one you are. Anyways. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                X