Escalator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escalator

I want to make an escalator and it was recommended that I use emitters. Well I looked for them in kismet and I looked online and I dont really understand them. Could someone point me to a good emitter tutorial or give me a brief overview of the capabilities, parts to modify, and where to find them exactly?

Emitters? Escalator?? Emitters is like effect: Fire, Explosion, Special effect...
    U want to make an escalator with Effect???
    I dont understand

Comment

Originally posted by chri882 View Post
      Emitters? Escalator?? Emitters is like effect: Fire, Explosion, Special effect...
      U want to make an escalator with Effect???
      I dont understand
      Join the club.

To make an escalator, you would have to use an interpactor (static mesh that can be moved). You would then have to try and set it up in matinee so that it followed a specific path. Then you would have to do that for each step (though you could make the steps a bit bigger than normal).

Comment

I don't see why you couldn't use a mesh emitter, unless there was a problem with the collision or something...

Alternatively, as Odedge said, you could just set up an InterpActor for each separate step. Hourences and AVLD (I think) have some good Matinee tutorials; failing those, a Google search should get you what you need.

Hourences, I think, also has an emitter tut, but I'm not sure (and I know it's only for a SpriteEmitter, which wouldn't do you any good... you'd need a MeshEmitter).

Personally, I think InterpActors would in fact be simpler.

Comment

Working...
        X