Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing movement speed through kismet?

Hey all!
    I am currently making a new level, which is almost finished and I am adding a kismet sequence. On the bottom half of the level, which is foliage and terrain, I want a "pesticide/furtilizer" (whichever) which is posion gas to humans to fill the bottom half every 60 seconds for 60 seconds. This gas will slowly kill the player (1-3 damage a second). It will also make the player run twice as fast.

Making the gas is easy (fog, with post-process volume, meduim distance blur), but how do I change the movement speed? Is this possible at all? And how would I set it so that all people in the area move quicker?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    Stuey95

Hmm... well there is the Action > Console Command and "setspeed 2" (i think) which would make it twice as fast but I'm unsure whether it's client or server side... so might affect everyone in the level. If setspeed doesn't work there's the "slomo 2" command too but that speeds everything up x2 (not just the run speed), and I think that would affect everyone, not sure. Otherwise, you could make two 2-way gas areas and use a volume with some directional velocity in it... (like a conveyor belt).

Comment

Ok! Thanks spoondog, your 'setspeed' seemed to be perfect. I used a dynamic trigger which moves into spot after 60 seconds and stays there for 30. While there, anyone touching it, has 'setspeed 2' applied to them, anyone not, has 'setspeed 1'. This works well. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X