ScreenCapture2DActor render problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ScreenCapture2DActor render problem.

I need a single static image as a teleport background, but I've a problem making the ScreenCapture2DActor to work in the game.

Those are the settings for ScreenCapture2DActor, RenderToTexture and material editor:

...and everything works nicely in the editor:

Whenever I go to the game mode it doesn't work.

The question is: what am I doing wrong and how to make it work?

I don't supposed you've saved the package that contains the rendertexture yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
      I don't supposed you've saved the package that contains the rendertexture yet?
      Oh, I've saved it.

Comment

in the editor, are you looking at the SMesh that represents the plane of the RTT camera, or are you looking at the actual material that the reflection texture is assigned too?

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin View Post
          in the editor, are you looking at the SMesh that represents the plane of the RTT camera, or are you looking at the actual material that the reflection texture is assigned too?
          The screenshots above show the Static Mesh with 2 material applied to it. One of them utilizes the RTT map. The same effect occurs, if I apply this material to the simple static mesh plane.

I've walkaround it by generating the static map using RTT's CreateStaticTexture. It's not perfect but works fine and it's still much faster that taking the screenshot, processing it in PS and reimporting.

BTW: Checking map for errors generates a warning for SceneCapture2DActor: "Actor has bAcceptLights set is in no lighting channel", that is normally quite easy to fix. The problem is that SceneCapture2DActor doesn't have any light properties. Any ideas how to fix that?

Comment

Working...
          X