Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot open editor: "Failed to find default engine .ini file". (Solved: False Alarm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot open editor: "Failed to find default engine .ini file". (Solved: False Alarm)

I was saving my level and the editor crashed (with 3 error windows). After trying to re-open the editor, I get an error message:

"Failed to find default engine .ini file to retrieve My Documents subdirectory to use. Force quitting."

I checked and all the .ini files seem to be there (in all folders I know of)...

Any idea why this happens? Does the new patch and Titan pack relate to this (installed them earlier today)? How about Steam (I activated my retail copy on Steam and used a folder junction to avoid the reinstall)?

(Yes, its the .ini files, but I'd like to get some input if someone else has had this problem before.)

EDIT: Nevermind, it was Steam downloading and overwriting files at the same time I was trying to open the editor... Works fine now I guess.

Just installed the patch 2.0 and the titan pack, the editor works fine.
    I think you have your default .ini file corrupted by the crash you have got.

Comment

Nevermind, read first post.

Comment

Working...
      X