Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathfinding in a dynamic enviroment

Hey everybody.

I am at the moment trying to make a map where the bots walk from a pathnode to the next, this in itself is not a problem. The problem is that the player is able to raise towers out of the ground between the pathnodes, thus making it impossible for the bots to get from one pathnode to the other.
    So, I was wondering if there is a possibility to change the pathnodes and/or to calculate a new path when the map is already running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance ^^

I too have wanted to perfom changes to thins such as moving a jump bad out of view.. I believe paths are static, but I could be wrong.. ya may have to use kismet the pots follow the lines and done really know if somthing is on the way.

I could be wrong

Comment

Try disabling "bBlockPaths" on the towers' Collision tab, that could be of use. Or add some pathnodes besides the towers so the bots can get around them.

Comment

Make it so that you have a pathnode where the tower comes up, and no other paths going through the tower spot, then when the tower is up, use a kismet toggle action to toggle that pathnode, which changes it's bBlocked property. The bots will consider that path unusable and take another route (assuming there is one). You can then toggle it back on and off whenever you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
          Make it so that you have a pathnode where the tower comes up, and no other paths going through the tower spot, then when the tower is up, use a kismet toggle action to toggle that pathnode, which changes it's bBlocked property. The bots will consider that path unusable and take another route (assuming there is one). You can then toggle it back on and off whenever you like.
          Sweeeet. thats what I thought.. awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
            Ah, there is a problem, tho. The area where I can raise towers is quite big, and the towers that can be raised are quite numerous. So I cant limit the amount of pathnodes like that, it'd break the whole tower idea. The idea is that the towers can be raised to force the bots to walk a specific path that the player chooses (depending on wich tower he/she raises).

Is it possible to move pathnodes in kismet or is this whole thing going to be coded?

Comment

The area where I can raise towers is quite big, and the towers that can be raised are quite numerous.
              Can't you just use multiple pathnodes then and toggle them all on/off? I should re-phrase what I said about "no other paths going through" - you don't have to limit the amount of pathnodes - what I mean is, make sure the only paths through a particular tower spot are the ones which you are toggling. Like the below pic:

If you have paths like the ones in red, then those aren't part of toggled pathnodes so bots will still think they can travel that path (remember you can manually remove links between pathnodes).

It's hard to imagine your situation, but seems like it should be fine this way...

Comment

Working...
              X