Physical Material: Impact effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physical Material: Impact effects

I'm having trouble getting the impact effects properties on physical materials to work. When I apply a physical material to a mesh in game it will affect the density and friction, but I never seem to get any impact sound effects or particle systems going off. Anyone have a similar problem or understand why this might be happening?

For reference I'm using the physicalmaterialoverride section of the mesh's actor properties in order to set the physical material, and I've tried it with static, interp, and kActors. Thanks much all!

If you can't do it with the actual properties window, you could always do it in kismet.

Interpactor_# Take damage>play sound> and link the target to the interpactor you're shooting at, and assign a cue for the 'play sound' module.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I've been doing in the interim since, it just feels like I'm doing the hacks is all

It is fully functional the kismet way with the one exception being I've got some interp actors that I'd like to animate via matinee and the emitters I'm attaching to them (to trigger with kismet when damage is taken) aren't following them around like I'd like. Anyone have any luck with getting physical materials to work properly for sound and impact effects?

Comment

Working...
      X