Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

My Video Tutorials

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Video Tutorials

The last few months I have been working on video tutorials for UT3, still have many more to go. But I have a good amount of them up so far and they are updated on a regular basis with new tutorials. Right now its at about 13 tutorials from boxing out levels to creating materials, lifts etc.

Apophis3d.net - Tutorials

I didn't have the time to watch them all yet but anyway, they're very helpful dude

THX to making & for sharing them

Comment

Always nice to have...Thanks!

Trying to search for something specific is not always user friendly.

Comment

Yeah I am trying to cover as much as I can, I plan on making more detailed ones later that will be put into DVD's but that is a ways off.

If anyone has anything they would like to see in a video tutorial that would be great. I will be setting up a request a tutorial link on my site in the near future.

Comment

Thanks for creating them to help out the community. I will check them out and add them to my tutorial list. As a suggestion, if you can cover topics that haven't been covered in any type of tutorial, that's always best.

Comment

New Tutorials Added this month!

Post Process Volumes
            Doors
            Kismet - Reverse CTF
            Terrain
            Advanced Fire Particle Effects

More to come!

Rain & Snow
            Water Volumes
            Fountain Particle Effects
            Height Fog
            Trigger Volumes
            Kismet - Sub Sequences & Remote Events
            Prefabs

Comment

I added links to your tutorials on my tutorial list. I am in the process of updating the site. I will check out the tutorials on textures/materials and the Kismet ones as well.

Comment

Very nice, going to stick this one.

Comment

Thanks for the sticks

Comment

New Vid Tuts added to day!

Height Fog - Goes over height fog and what it's used for and shows an example of it in action.

AttachEmitter - Shows how to attach an emitter to a mover.

Water Volumes - Creation process of a water volumes.

Comment

I've check the postprocess tuts today.

I must say that the part # 1 isn't really informative & could be easily integrated in part # 2.

Also, in part # 2, you show some stuff but it's not really in deep. I mean, the general idea of "mess around with the settings to obtain whatever affects & see by yourself" is not helpful. And you can 100% assume that what everybody is gonna do that.

It would be more helpful if you can describe what settings do what in game. My English is not to bad but not good enough to be comfortable to do what i want just by reading the settings parameters & I'm not the only one like that. So i need videos & more indeep tuts to understand what I'm doing.

For example, for under water, it's more likely to use this &/or that. For a techy room, these settings is very common, for wide open area, this is a good choice, etc.

I'm not complaining but since you take the time to do some tuts, I would find them more useful to understand what is the true purpose of that settings instead of just messing around.

THX

Comment

Originally posted by apophis3d View Post
                        New Vid Tuts added to day!

Height Fog - Goes over height fog and what it's used for and shows an example of it in action.

AttachEmitter - Shows how to attach an emitter to a mover.

Water Volumes - Creation process of a water volumes.
                        I just checked and those sections don't have a link to go to them. Waiting to add to my tutorial list.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on those, I will go back through them and revise them. The reason I split them into 2 parts is to keep file size down on each file they get really large fast.

The thing with postprocess volumes is there is no real set standard for the effects for wide open areas opposed to a smaller room. Its really all about the effect you want to achieve. Would it be helpful if I went over something to simulate a haze, or a hot environment?

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                            I just checked and those sections don't have a link to go to them. Waiting to add to my tutorial list.
                            Yeah I know I am currently uploading the videos they should be active within the next few hours. The encoding took longer than expected this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by apophis3d View Post
                              Thanks for the feedback on those, I will go back through them and revise them. The reason I split them into 2 parts is to keep file size down on each file they get really large fast.

The thing with postprocess volumes is there is no real set standard for the effects for wide open areas opposed to a smaller room. Its really all about the effect you want to achieve. Would it be helpful if I went over something to simulate a haze, or a hot environment?
                              No prob.

Indeed, it would be a good idea. I know you just can't make something for "at large" but still we need something to start, & after the mapper gonna mess with the good settings without being loss in a pletora of useless settings.

like what is the most common settings for :

haze, hot distorsion, under water, etc.

Since I presume that for whatever effects you searching to achieve, only this or that will do the job, like blur or dof.

Comment

Working...
                              X