This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    I wanted to ask a very minor question...

In your tuts, your mouse pointer is huge and easy to follow, is this something we can use by the editor UI or it's simply your WinVista pointer ?
    I like to play the guessing game. I think it's a feature of what ever program is using to record his videos. I have a program called CamStudio which does this same thing. I have only messed around with it though. I don't know if I would want to do a video tutorial (at least with me speaking). Wouldn't mind adding text to the screen.

*Odedge stops rambling*

Comment

LOL

Stop rambling **** it

Well, you maybe right because if I remember, your also using Vista so...

Comment

Well, you maybe right because if I remember, your also using Vista so...
        How dare you sir... Vista sucks and went back to XP after 3 months.

Comment

I wanted to ask a very minor question...

In your tuts, your mouse pointer is huge and easy to follow, is this something we can use by the editor UI or it's simply your WinVista pointer ?
          It's neither the video capture program I use does it. Its called BB Flashback.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
            How dare you sir... Vista sucks and went back to XP after 3 months.
            Yeah I can't ever go back to XP, I like my 8gigs of ram plus you just can't beat photoshop cs4 with it's x64 support. Makes things run great. Although I am looking forward to windows7 been running the beta on my laptop the things just amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by apophis3d View Post
              It's neither the video capture program I use does it. Its called BB Flashback.
              Odedge gets a cookie for guessing correctly!

Originally posted by apophis3d View Post
              Yeah I can't ever go back to XP, I like my 8gigs of ram plus you just can't beat photoshop cs4 with it's x64 support. Makes things run great. Although I am looking forward to windows7 been running the beta on my laptop the things just amazing.
              Well upgrading (even with a full version of Vista 32bit, sucks. Windows 7 looks interesting and may jump to it if it's worth it. But it will take a lot of positive "press" for that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                ...Well upgrading (even with a full version of Vista 32bit, sucks. Windows 7 looks interesting and may jump to it if it's worth it. But it will take a lot of positive "press" for that to happen.
                Just FYI, Windows 7 is mainly Windows Vista+ with a less restrictive rights managements.

Microsoft will do every thing they possibly can to make good advertizement of that product & pay reviewers as they always did in the past to make there product look better than the competition (Linux/Mac OSX) & there previous product.

The bad news is that the average user will have to switch to Windows 7 since the XP support end around 2010 & around 2014 for the enterprises. The days of vista where already counted before the product reach the OEM's. At least, this is what as been oficially announced last year.

Comment

Video tutorials to be made available for download.

Starting to day I am making the tutorials available for download. They are in Flash Video format so you will need the flash media player to be able to play them. That is a free download from the adobe site. The videos are not open to the public however. The videos can only be downloaded once you are a registered member of the site and have made a small donation of at least $5.00 dollars US or greater. This will give you lifetime access to any and all future video tutorials created. The PayPal donation button can be found at the bottom of the menu bars.

Streaming videos will still be free! However with the subscription to the site you will be able to watch the videos in fullscreen and at a much higher resolution!

Comment

I've checked out a few of your tutorials, have been helpful, thanks a lot. I would suggest you use a better flash player, like one that allows you to enlarge the video larger. Also if you did bullet points about technical information that is presented in the videos to make taking notes easier. For example, grid sizes and naming conventions are better conveyed through text.

thanks! and good job

Sorry I did not read your latest post when I wrote this

Comment

I think it is a good idea doing this. Not only is accessible to all but it also provides the right amount of tutoring to help beginners really understand the whole concept of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by rickeybojey View Post
                        I think it is a good idea doing this. Not only is accessible to all but it also provides the right amount of tutoring to help beginners really understand the whole concept of the game.
                        Awesome good to know its helping out. Been a little slow getting new ones up lately. Hopefully ill have some new ones here before to long.

Comment

hey dude, can you post some physics tutorials as well? Namely things like cloth, liquid, force effects, etc...

A tutorial on breaking walls and glass would be fantastic as well. Thanks heaps for taking the time to do this!

Comment

I can look into it, not how the liquid works in UT3 but could be a fun learning project.

Comment

Thanks, these tutorials are really useful, theres not too much proper material out there for learning the engine so finding a video collection (that isnt just rushed youtube stuff) is wicked. How come you sound so bored on the terrain one lol? is it: "ive done this a hundred times"?

Thanks especially for the kismet stuff, ive been trying to tackle this over the past 2 days

Do you know how to add vehicles into a map? If so, can you please let me know when you get the chance.

Nice one mate

Comment

hope epic dosnt mind me adding their videos to my site from colloctors edition to share with every 1

and Apophis3d nice vid tutorials m8 ketp them *******

Comment

Working...
                                X