Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Video Tutorials

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I appreciate you taking the time to give constructive feedback after watching the tutorials, that helps me build on them and improve them.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Odedge View Post
      I just checked and those sections don't have a link to go to them. Waiting to add to my tutorial list.
      It's all taken care of now

      Comment


        #18
        I did watch the Heighfog tut. THX for making it

        I have a question about it. If I want the heightfog to last only like 2048, 4096 in height, I see the "ExtinctionDistance" field but whatever value I choose, it doesn't show in the map ???

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by apophis3d View Post
          It's all taken care of now
          Cool, added to my list.

          Originally posted by stevelois View Post
          I did watch the Heighfog tut. THX for making it

          I have a question about it. If I want the heightfog to last only like 2048, 4096 in height, I see the "ExtinctionDistance" field but whatever value I choose, it doesn't show in the map ???
          The ExtinctionDistance is a bit funky. At a certain value, it's hard to see a difference. As far as determining the values of how far the fog will go, you can't really do that for the X and Y axis. Where ever you place your actor is where the Z axis will stop.

          You can place multiple height fog actors. The top one will be visible until it reaches the one below it and that will take effect. On my list, Hourences has a tutorial that covers assorted fog techniques.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Odedge View Post
            ...The ExtinctionDistance is a bit funky. At a certain value, it's hard to see a difference. As far as determining the values of how far the fog will go, you can't really do that for the X and Y axis. Where ever you place your actor is where the Z axis will stop.

            You can place multiple height fog actors. The top one will be visible until it reaches the one below it and that will take effect. On my list, Hourences has a tutorial that covers assorted fog techniques.
            I understand & I already take a look at Hourence tut a while ago. I'll recheck in case I mist something. THX dude

            Originally posted by apophis3d
            Would it be helpful if I went over something to simulate a haze, or a hot environment?
            About others tuts, if you can do tuts about optimizations like culldistancevolume & lightmaps I would appreciate greatly I'll need something to guide me about that in my next map

            Comment


              #21
              Terrain video tut

              Just found the terrain video and watched, it was great, Thanks a ton!
              Going to watch the others also.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                I understand & I already take a look at Hourence tut a while ago. I'll recheck in case I mist something. THX dude



                About others tuts, if you can do tuts about optimizations like culldistancevolume & lightmaps I would appreciate greatly I'll need something to guide me about that in my next map
                Yeah I can do that.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Added a new tutorial to day. It goes over setting up maya's grid units to match UT3. Also goes over making custom collision for these meshes.

                  Still working on some of the suggested tutorials also guys.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by apophis3d View Post
                    Added a new tutorial to day. It goes over setting up maya's grid units to match UT3. Also goes over making custom collision for these meshes.

                    Still working on some of the suggested tutorials also guys.
                    Just to let you know (since I am subscribed to this thread). I will be adding your tutorials to my list when ever you update this thread.

                    It would be nice if people could make some Blender/GIMP tutorials that relate to the editor.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Ok cool, thanks for putting them on your page, really helps increase the traffic to my site.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Video tutorials have been set to registered only. I had to make this change to help site performance it's been put under heavy stress lately. The support from the community for making the video tutorials has been great! I hope everyone understands that I need to keep site performance up to keep the videos streaming fast for everyone. Registering is free so don't worry about anything like that.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Well ignore my last post my sites refusing to let me set the permissions for those articles for some reason unknown to me right now.... It may be something I do in the future though if I get to many complaints about videos streaming slow, so let me know if it happens please.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            can someone plz help me. i love the tutorials but i dont seem to have a builder brush. i am doing the first level subtractive tut and i built my first room then it says go and build 2 more. i move the green/yellow/red arrow thingy and the red box doesn't move with it. plz help. thanks in advance

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by cdiddy View Post
                              can someone plz help me. i love the tutorials but i dont seem to have a builder brush. i am doing the first level subtractive tut and i built my first room then it says go and build 2 more. i move the green/yellow/red arrow thingy and the red box doesn't move with it. plz help. thanks in advance
                              Well, if you can't see the red builder brush, try pressing the "B" key as it toggles it off and on. Be careful not to randomly press keys while editing as they can toggle other things on and off.

                              There is a little drop down arrow that when selected, will show you everything that is toggled on/off. There is also an option to restore the default "flags".

                              If you can see it, but can't move it. There is a button that looks like a mouse pointer. If this is selected, you won't be able to move things. This button is useful if you want to select a lot of stuff, but don't want them to accidentally move while selecting them.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I wanted to ask a very minor question...

                                In your tuts, your mouse pointer is huge and easy to follow, is this something we can use by the editor UI or it's simply your WinVista pointer ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X