Fallin meteors of DEATH!!! MWAHAAHAA!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tikithehut View Post
    Can you make a dynamic volume scale over time via matinee? If so you could create an effect where the kill volume had a growing radius of death (like a spreading explosion) for a better explosive feel.
    That's what I had in mind. Trigger it to show only when the meteor hits, then scale up along with an explosion emitter, then take the kactor out with destroy in kismet without it just disapearing. Then do it all over again for each meteor at different sizes. (.....fun....)

Comment

Originally posted by Tikithehut View Post
      Can you make a dynamic volume scale over time via matinee? If so you could create an effect where the kill volume had a growing radius of death (like a spreading explosion) for a better explosive feel.

yes, I'm pretty sure, I have done that with a post process volume so I'm sure it can be done with a damage volume.
      In matinee, one of the common properties adjustables for a lot of actors is the scale 3d

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
        In matinee, one of the common properties adjustables for a lot of actors is the scale 3d
        Yup. I just wasn't sure if it applied correctly to brushes as it does kactors. Tonight I'll start working on this process.

Comment

I'm free the next weeks, if you need more help during your process, just ask me by pm

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
            I'm free the next weeks, if you need more help during your process, just ask me by pm
            Hey, thanks dude! I apriciate the help! I'll work on getting the basics of it started and I'll pm you when I hit a brick wall.

Comment

Today is you lucky day...

Check this Thread out: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610195

Comment

the effect showing in the video is really cool, except the explosion who look very odd.. looks like poor flak's bullets impact lol...But this stuff with some tweak can be perfect for what Shinobibob looking for

Comment

Yeah, that's going to get me to where I want to go. Instead of using the random projectile aspect of it (since the redeemer only goes so far before it's 'denied'; I'm going to have random matinee's in which the redeemer is going to be fired just when the meteors hit, then the 'deemer explodes, and the interpactors are then destroyed without any sudden disapearance. Well, that's what it looks like so far......

Comment

**** I forgot that FileFront decided to remove most of my files just over a week ago...
                    Anyways...
                    In the event you are interested in seeing how I done my meteorite impacts, via meshes n kizmit, I've reupped version 1.3 of my Deconstruction map to FileFactory.
                    You can grab it here;

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af3c...talDecon13_rar

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
                      **** I forgot that FileFront decided to remove most of my files just over a week ago...
                      Anyways...
                      In the event you are interested in seeing how I done my meteorite impacts, via meshes n kizmit, I've reupped version 1.3 of my Deconstruction map to FileFactory.
                      You can grab it here;

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af3c...talDecon13_rar
                      Thanks, I'll check it out.
                      The only problem I'm having is getting the kactors to: Level startup>Hide>*whatever trigger I decide*>Unhide>Matinee>Hide>Reverse.

For some reason it's not working out for me. It will not unhide, or it just won't spawn. I'll have to check out your map for some pointers, too.

Comment

I haven't read the middle of this thread, so if this isn't relevant just ignore me.

Instead of hiding the kactors and then reversing the matinee, you could just set the matinee to bForceStartPos and set it at the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                          I haven't read the middle of this thread, so if this isn't relevant just ignore me.

Instead of hiding the kactors and then reversing the matinee, you could just set the matinee to bForceStartPos and set it at the beginning.
                          Ah, now there's a good idea. I actually set it up just like I did in the last post and it worked. Can't remember how I had it when it wasn't working....I think I had a 'destroy' module somewhere in there and I couldn't figure out how to get it to respawn. This way seems like it will work a whole lot better.

**Actually I just saw a thread on 3dbuzz that explains that:
                          First you set bForceStartPos to true in the Matinee's properties. Then, you right-click on the Matinee and choose Expose Variable -> ForceStartPosition - Float. Now, you can link a float variable to the ForceStartPosition link of the Matinee and control the starting position of the sequence. Depending on how you want to use it, you may have to play with the other properties of the Matinee to get the desired result, though.
                          That might solve this....

Comment

Working...
                          X