Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teleporting Vehicles?!?

Hey, guys.

I'm sure there's an easy way to do this, but I'm not having such luck on my own, and was wondering if any of you could shoot me a quick trouble-shoot on this.

I have a pretty large map which pretty much requires me to have teleporters for vehicles to get around. I am using trigger volumes and kismet for teleportation, and I can't seem to get it to work for anything other than player teleportation.

Is there something I can do here? It's a huge part of the map, really.

Thanks in advance, fellas!

No-go afaik. hacky fix- spawn new vehicle, stick player in new vehicle, destroy old vehicle

Comment

hmmmm...... Yeah, that makes sense. I'm kind of a visual/keyframe guy. Not so much on the kismet side. Anyone got like a good diagram for me to follow? (I'm kinda dumb when it comes to that stuff.......)

Comment

in utteleportercustommesh or utteleporter properties go to teleporter and check BCanTeleportVehicles then any vehicle will be able to go thru it it will bounce the vehicle out the other end

Comment

That would be somewhat easier

Comment

Yeah, I was going to do that with the ones on the ground, but there's an arial teleporter for raptors and cicidas that are going to have to be like a thin circular design, and I was hoping to use a thin cylindrical trigger volume for the teleportation.

If I were to do the whole 'destroy vehicle' and then 'put player in vehicle' kind of thing through kismet, would I have to set which vehicle it was? Or will it refrence the vehicle that the player was previously using?

Uhhg....

Comment

You're better off hiding a normal teleporter in a cylindrical mesh.

Comment

Yeah, that's the conclusion I've reached as well. It's just so much tidier when you use a triggervolume. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                X