weather cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yeah, the MIC is definitely the way to go. Especially for lightening and darkening skies. I haven't messed much with weather materials, but I'd guess you could get a nice effect in either situation by using linear interp nodes to blend your materials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eviltenchi View Post
    I wanted the sky to start on a dark sky, then to rain, then to heavy rain with some lightning. I tried to play around with the Material instance actor but I'm not really sure how it works (im a noob).
    we are all noobs you know

First MIC allow you to change dynamicaly (or not) some properties of a material without alter the parent material.
    So for the rain, the method I use in Tomac WE could do the job. Take a look to my kismet seq inside to have more info how I manage that.
    Basicaly, just put several rain stock mesh around your map, according to where you want rainning, and make a MIC with the stock rain material (maybe you will need to make a copy of it, don't remember if it have a param on it) as parent and apply on them.
    After put a "material instance" actor on your map and put the name of your MIC inside.
    Then keep this actor selectionned and open the kismet.
    Make a new matinee track to control the alpha parameter of the rain material.
    So by this way, you can make appear/disapear the rain with fade when you want.
    It's a bit fast explaination, sorry I'm not at home, if you want more info or help, PM me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wanted the sky to start on a dark sky, then to rain, then to heavy rain with some lightning. I tried to play around with the Material instance actor but I'm not really sure how it works (im a noob).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it me? =P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    I'm asking me who can be this guy?!!
    I wonder who?

I started to write the tutorial of the sequence for DM-Tomac-WE and I think I understand what "he" did to make it happen. I have to add the sound section, which is easy.

Then I have to see if I can follow my own instructions!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    ...but will need one person in particular to help me as I don't know how he did specific things.
    I'm asking me who can be this guy?!!

Eviltenchi,
    I think you need some "MIC Materials", "Material Instance" actor and kismet/Matinee seq to do that.
    But not shure of what you want, can you explain exactly?
    I mean you want rain appear/disapear, sky become more darker or change it's material...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eviltenchi View Post
    I am trying to make a weather cycle for my map so that after a certain amount of time has elapsed, the weather changes. I was experimenting with using the rain cube static mesh in UN_Weather. I set it's material to rain and tried to use kismet to change the material (set material) but it didn't work. Any ideas?
    In DM-Tomac-WE, "I" have a Kismet sequence that makes it snow + change fog color/density when the Udamage is taken. It reverses when it expires. Rinse and repeat.

All together it was a group project and I was about to start making a tutorial for it, but will need one person in particular to help me as I don't know how he did specific things.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic weather cycle

weather cycle

I am trying to make a weather cycle for my map so that after a certain amount of time has elapsed, the weather changes. I was experimenting with using the rain cube static mesh in UN_Weather. I set it's material to rain and tried to use kismet to change the material (set material) but it didn't work. Any ideas?
Working...
X