No announcement yet.

custom character model problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok , unfortunatly im still having problems with the emisive on my character, im almost positive ive got everything right, i created a new material instance constant in the materials section of my my characters package and used m_ch_all_base_02 as the parent, then imported my textures into the proper lod groups..."TEXTUREGROUP_character for my 2 diffuse textures. "TEXTUREGROUP_characternormalmap - for my 2 normal maps, and "TEXTUREGROUP_characterspecular for my 2 specular maps. i then put all the textures in the spots they are supposed to go in. everything works ok but she's to bright , the only settings for emisive i can find are under vector paramater values in the material in the editor, i have turned the color all the way down to black and it dosent make a difference,and yes i have tried checking the little box next to it.......i have a screen shot below

i also cant get into the full material editor with all the nodes and stuff , but i think thats because my material is using a parent ......i really dunno
    i should also note that at the moment the parent material that i am currently
    using is MI_CH_ALL_ironG_base ...ive noticed its a bit darker than "m_ch_all_base_02" but not by much... everything i change dosent seem to have an effect.she just seems to twice as bright as the epic models...any ways here are a few screen shotshot of what it looks like now

so like i said i cant find anything ive done wrong so im kinda lost ...is this as dark as she is gonna get? any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

ok can you try something for me, with the original textures turn the brightness down in your paint program then re-import, the reason i ask you to do this is that if you have a look at the epic character textures in the editor they look pretty blase

Comment

geodav , i never thought of doing that, i will try it real soon and i will let you know how it goes thank you very much for your patience

Comment

ok so ive dropped the brightnes and contrast down by maybe 20 or 30%, and it does make the character blend in more with the epic models, but the emisive / bloom problem remains unchanged.......im good and lost......i think ill just release it and if anyone wants to open it in the editor and see if they can see something ive missed....well... be my guest

Comment

send me the package/link and i'll have a look tomorrow

Comment

A possible solution is to add some noise to the original texture in your paint program. Don't go overboard or it will look really bad but i usually add a bit of noise and it seems to help the glossy problem

Comment

Working...
              X