No announcement yet.

Permenant Jumpboots w/ Kismet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made an "infinite" jump boot to give players in kismet. Put the InfiniteBoots.u in your Published/CookedPC/Script AND Unpublished/CookedPC/Script folders. Open the file through the actor class browser then set up kismet to give them to the players when they spawn.
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?jcy86l1jlam8lbr

Comment

Good you're providing such code, but there are bugs in your version (furthermore it is 231 charges so not infinite ).

The DenyPickupQuery function checks for the exact same class (no subclass) so once you pickup up the original jumbboots, you will jump twice as high for 3 times. Once the original boots are removed, the infinite boots are also not working properly anymore (since UTPawn.JumpBootCharge is set to 0 after removal, you won't able to jump with a jumpboot out of the dodge move).

Comment

Unless you're playing instant action with god mode, or playing with really stupid bots the boots will last longer than you live so in a way they are infinite. You can also pick up the boots that killed players drop. You obviously haven't tried them because you CAN in FACT boot jump after a dodge after having the stock boots. I have these in a couple maps on Hedsteem VTCF & they have worked flawlessly since I made them in 2009, 4 years ago. They are in VCTF-Atari Combat 3 & VCTF-Omega Prime Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
          You obviously haven't tried them
          You're right, i just checked the code, saw it and judged by that. (I got the same problem with some of my own implementations). Now, i quickly ran it. And it happened what i just said.
          Lemme record this real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
            you will jump twice as high for 3 times. Once the original boots are removed, the infinite boots are also not working properly anymore (since UTPawn.JumpBootCharge is set to 0 after removal, you won't able to jump with a jumpboot out of the dodge move).
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7zV1qTPcKo

I would provide a flawlessly working version but i don't want to hijack your contribution.

Comment

I know if you get regular boots with them you jump twice as high three times because they are a different class. I tested with STOCK movement (which sucks) & yes that does happen BUT jump boot once after that & they go back to normal. If this guy wants to give players jump boots at spawn why would he put regular boots in the map too? If you want to try to fix it be my guest just make the class name different. For the couple of maps we have them in they work just fine the way they are.

Comment

Working...
              X