Permenant Jumpboots w/ Kismet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permenant Jumpboots w/ Kismet?

Is there a way I can use Kismet to constantly give jumpboots to a player when they don't have them?

One way is to surround your map in a trigger volume and do a "give inventory" action.

Comment

You can use the Console Command node in Kismet to activate the SetJumpZ x (x = number) cheat. By typing a number, say 1024, after "setjumpz" you can change the height of a jump. 1024 would be aprox. the height of a jump with jump boots.

Comment

Originally posted by spermplant View Post
        One way is to surround your map in a trigger volume and do a "give inventory" action.
        If that works, just add the event, when level loads instead of the trigger?

Comment

it's gotta be constant though, not one time. I was going to try and do it using a Check: Has Inventory thing, and an Object List to hook it up to boots, but I couldn't get the wiring right

Comment

For a Has Inventory check, you could just select the UTJumpBoots at the RequiredInventory drop-menu.
            If you want to add the boots while the player still has them -in order to prevent the charges from running out - you could do a Get Property action: In the PropertyName field type JumpBootCharge.
            this will will set an Integer variable on the Int node to the number of boot charges left every time you you call the action. Now you can add an integer comparison to your loop and only give the player(s) new boots when the charges are not full.

Comment

Originally posted by spermplant View Post
              In the PropertyName field type JumpBootCharge.
              this will will set an Integer variable...
              Sorry to over post but just to know, where did you find the list of this INT variables, like "JumpBootCharge"?
              Is there a tutorial who list this variables and stuffs that refert?

Comment

"JumpBootCharge" is a variable in the jumpboot's uscript source code.

Source is located here: http://udn.epicgames.com/Files/UT3/M...Source_1.3.rar

Comment

Oh, wow! I was still using 1.2..Thanks, CaptainSnarf!

Comment

I found a tutorial that list building the setJumpZ (then some number, in my case I want it set to 450). This works if I am in game and hit the ` key and add it as a command, but if I build a console command in kismet and put it in it is not being recognized. I have other console commands in kismet working just fine but the setJumpZ doesn't seem to be working for some reason. This thing is driving me nuts because it it the last piece I need for prototyping a little level of mine.

I don't want someone to have to manually set this stuff up. It appears as if this working in earlier versions of UDK but now it isn't working as a console command in kismet anymore?

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Comment

First of all:
                      http://forums.epicgames.com/forums/366-UDK
                      Don't ever mix up UT3 with UDK. So many things are different.

SetJumpZ is a cheat. It is not available for Multiplayer games. You might created a Multiplayer game.
                      What do you want to achieve?

- Create a custom Kismet action
                      - Set your JumpZ value with a mutator/Gameinfo class
                      - Create a custom Inventory item
                      - Create exec function in your PlayerController class (or any possible class for exec functions)

Comment

Rattle, sorry about that. I just did a search and was grabbing on to what ever I could find! Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Surely you could just give inventory - jumpboots, in kismet on a 3 second loop, or something similar

Comment

Someone helped me on the UDK side. I needed to use a modify property node, use the command jumpZ (not setJumpZ) and then plug in what ever value I wanted in the slot in the node.

It works. That with set gravity and set groundspeed, I can easily tryout different game mechanic ideas!

Thanks all for the help!

Comment

As this is UT3, just a short information about this method.
                              The modify property node is not available for UT3. Properties can only be read.

Comment

Working...
                              X