Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Work In Progress" - An image thread for everyone!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a brick material of my own, to replace the retail one on my level. I think it turned out okay:

[shot]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2066/preview10kx6.jpg[/shot]
    (And those are raindrops on the left, in case someone was wondering.)

Only Photoshop and xNormal.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrallala View Post
      Looks interesting. Some suggestions though, I think you should change some post-processing options cause right now it looks a bit flat. The skyline does not really go well against the water surface.
      tbh i think that screen shot is a bit misleading. I'll take your suggestion into consideration, but I'll wait till you try out the beta first. if you still feel that way afterwords, I'll change it

Comment

WIP: DM-TokyoTrainwreck

I've been working on this one (it's my first map) but I'm having some trouble with weapon placement. Hopefully there will be a beta soon so I can get lots of feedback.

DGUnreal's posts and Hourence's tutorials have been wonderful BTW. Couldn't have done anything without their help.

Comment

That looks awesome reminds me of Fear

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Zuul View Post
            Your lighting is really good.
            But seems to be in-editor shots? what about it after cook?
            I mean the shadow casting looks dynamic on your pics, that's give FEAR effect indeed

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
              I mean the shadow casting looks dynamic on your pics, that's give FEAR effect indeed
              Thanks! I'm so glad that you noticed it. I love the look of nice, crisp hard shadows that dynamic lights give, but of course the performance just isn't feasible. I tried to approximate that look in certain areas with a handful of gradient decals that are stretched and resized. Frame rate is still fine (even on PS3, which is the performance target) so I added some pseudo-ambient occlusion stuff too (note the blobby shadows under the chairs in the second pic).

Once we finish the map I'll probably do a little writeup on "painting" shadows with decals. It's an interesting experiment at least! (I also tried to get hard shadows by messing with BSP split, but that was just a mess...)

edit: Oh yeah, the shadow of the grate is just a light environment at the lowest detail mode (it raises and lowers and the shadow looks really cool sliding all over the environment).

Comment

Very nice..i love dynamic shadows =]

Comment

Thanks! I'm so glad that you noticed it. I love the look of nice, crisp hard shadows that dynamic lights give, but of course the performance just isn't feasible. I tried to approximate that look in certain areas with a handful of gradient decals that are stretched and resized. Frame rate is still fine (even on PS3, which is the performance target) so I added some pseudo-ambient occlusion stuff too (note the blobby shadows under the chairs in the second pic).
                  Once we finish the map I'll probably do a little writeup on "painting" shadows with decals. It's an interesting experiment at least! (I also tried to get hard shadows by messing with BSP split, but that was just a mess...)
                  edit: Oh yeah, the shadow of the grate is just a light environment at the lowest detail mode (it raises and lowers and the shadow looks really cool sliding all over the environment).
                  Oh it's decals, what a work !
                  this look really awesome.
                  But did you have try to obtain shadow by lightmapping?
                  I mean you can increase the lightmapping of the CSG by going on their properties and put 4 or 2 on the lightmap resolution.

Anyway, I'm interesting by a tuto on shadow decals, I'm a fan of FEAR visual!

regards

Comment

New meshes I've been working on...

Comment

I've been working on this one (it's my first map) but I'm having some trouble with weapon placement. Hopefully there will be a beta soon so I can get lots of feedback.

DGUnreal's posts and Hourence's tutorials have been wonderful BTW. Couldn't have done anything without their help.
                      Your first map ****, these are so nice, I just wish my first map would look at least 1/10 as good as yours **** nice

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                        Oh it's decals, what a work !
                        this look really awesome.
                        But did you have try to obtain shadow by lightmapping?
                        I mean you can increase the lightmapping of the CSG by going on their properties and put 4 or 2 on the lightmap resolution.
                        Yeah, right now I'm fighting a losing battle with lightmaps, as they are getting really huge and chewing up memory. I'm going to have to figure out a good way to cut that down, fortunately Hourence's has a great tutorial on optimization so I should be able to shave a few megs off.

N3oDoc: Oh **** dude, that looks crazy.

Comment

Map for UT 3

(Lightning Only)
                          map is still alpha => no detailed information at the moment !

Comment

Excellent job with the atmosphere!

Would be nice to have a little more control over shadowing methods in the editor with both meshes and lights... stencil shadowing/shadow volumes, etc.

Almost perfect method faking it though! You should definitely do a write up on how to use your decal method!

Originally posted by A---y View Post
                            (Lightning Only)
                            map is still alpha => no detailed information at the moment !

That looks pretty sweet!

Comment

hey guys!

got the game last week and actually i'm playing more with the editor than with the game

I'm working on a little DM map so i can get some experience with the tools.

Comment

Are you by any chance from Australia?

Comment

Working...
                                X