Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Work In Progress" - An image thread for everyone!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After lots of work and tests on the layout i've finally come up with a map that feels balanced and fun.
    Mainly suited for competitive 2v2, works really good on duel and do well 3v3 even though it can be a bit dry in weapons at times. It's a total fragfest with anything more than 6 players
    Theme is still the same, i.e. modular sci-fi feel, mainly white with some blue and orange.

I'll upload an open beta later this month after i've fixed some glaring visual issues because i've still some grumbling about the minigun room and i want some fresh look on it before doing all the detail work.

Some wip screenshots :

Comment

This is really coming along nicely. Looking forward to the beta!

Comment

Awesome look ! Really looking forward to it

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
        I agree. . Now i know why he wants to create a font for the multi kill message to be shown at the walls.
        http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-announcements
        Will this be on the map ? would be amazing !!

Comment

Originally posted by PlayForGG View Post
          After lots of work and tests on the layout i've finally come up with a map that feels balanced and fun....
          It look awesome !!!

Layout seem very diverse as long as BSP geometry, materials are fresh, clean & detailed

Looking forward the beta release

Comment

@BomBerWill : The announcements on walls will not be on the beta, but they will 100% be in the final. I currently have something working on a separate map file, it's just looking **** and needs refining. I didn't spent much time on it yet but it's the next "big" thing on my to-do list for DM-Maliwan.

Comment

Here is a WIP I am working on a VCTF called UltraDark. I plan on Beta release soon.

It has working vehicle prohector headlights with emitters and dynamic lighting.
              There are floor tiles that light up when you walk on them (like Michael Jackson Billie Jean video).
              There is a effect like on standstorm. But instead of a sandstorm it is a sphere of darkness that grows. The darkness sphere is activated by a "pickup" that whoever grabs the pickup is not effected by the darkness.
              Lots mre goodies and fun stuff to explore.

Comment

Nice Tarnation! looking foreboding!!!
                Heres some wip shots from my Vctf I am slowly working on
                Click image for larger version

Name:	shot3mt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	3250701

Name:	shot1ki.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	3250702

Name:	shot8w.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	3250703

Name:	shot13i.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	3250704

Comment

Not enough vctf maps to play, the more the better
                  and both maps looks very good from the screenshots.
                  Keep on it.

I've seen UltraDark has just been released, need to test it soon, the concept looks really intersting.

Comment

Interesting stuff guys! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Paying homage to the 20th Anniversary of Doom 2, 15th Anniversary to Quake 3 Arena, and 10th Anniversary of Doom 3 all in one map (I know...not easy).
                      Here's some screenshots of Unreal Editor progress with all the BSP, static meshes, and interp actors in place:

Comment

A small side project i'm currently working on, it's quite schizophrenic to build as i aim to get a result as close to the feel of the original as i can, but can't let the map with its original flaws.

The base architecture is done, as is the pickup layout.
                        I'm working on the materials at the moment.

Comment

A small side project i'm currently working on, it's quite schizophrenic to build as i aim to get a result as close to the feel of the original as i can, but can't let the map with its original flaws.

Really nice

Comment

Looks like classic Viridian Tourney! Good to see this as I wasn't a fan of the one remake that was done. Always wanted to remake it myself but didn't have the time. Will be seriously waiting for this one!

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                              Looks like classic Viridian Tourney! Good to see this as I wasn't a fan of the one remake that was done. Always wanted to remake it myself but didn't have the time. Will be seriously waiting for this one!
                              It is

I tried to contact the author of the UT3 port to get autorisations to modify it but didn't had any reply so far so i just decided to go with a fresh start.
                              I have a shell with the old textures and basic lightning done on which i'm playing/testing some times.

There are just some small changes from the UT99 map to accomodate UT3 :
                              - A small room added between Minigun and Shock to move the Mini there.
                              - Chest armor instead of old thight pads and belt instead of old Chest armor. I may swap both or just go with the old Chest/Pads locations with or without a belt added somewhere.
                              - And the Mini corridor is slightly modified to better fit the Health packs.

I'm trying moving around some weapons to balance things a bit (mainly Snipe/Rox/Bio (which is in place of old ripper) to prevent Shock/Snipe/Rox easy lock)

The map will stay dead simple in its flow. Would be something like entry-level non competitive Duel/Small DM.
                              I may keep the annoying door frames to get some cover like the old-school maps.

It will be Low-poly obviously, but i'll try to get a more complex bsp architecture than the original one, mainly by adapting volumes for the materials.
                              I'll make the Revamped Liandri textures available depending on the size of the pack.

Bottom right looks better with proper lighting.

Comment

It is

I tried to contact the author of the UT3 port to get autorisations to modify it but didn't had any reply so far so i just decided to go with a fresh start.
                                I have a shell with the old textures and basic lightning done on which i'm playing/testing some times.

There are just some small changes from the UT99 map to accomodate UT3 :
                                - A small room added between Minigun and Shock to move the Mini there.
                                - Chest armor instead of old thight pads and belt instead of old Chest armor. I may swap both or just go with the old Chest/Pads locations with or without a belt added somewhere.
                                - And the Mini corridor is slightly modified to better fit the Health packs.

I'm trying moving around some weapons to balance things a bit (mainly Snipe/Rox/Bio (which is in place of old ripper) to prevent Shock/Snipe/Rox easy lock)

The map will stay dead simple in its flow. Would be something like entry-level non competitive Duel/Small DM.
                                I may keep the annoying door frames to get some cover like the old-school maps.

It will be Low-poly obviously, but i'll try to get a more complex bsp architecture than the original one, mainly by adapting volumes for the materials.
                                I'll make the Revamped Liandri textures available depending on the size of the pack.

Bottom right looks better with proper lighting.
                                Very sweet! Great job updating the textures! I had to reinstall and just have the barebones UT installed without the bonus pack that Viridian was in. I can't remember what music was in it. Let me know if you need the music for it (whatever it is).

Comment

Working...
                                X