Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

"Work In Progress" - An image thread for everyone!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep up the good work Darkn3ss

- p.s i hope you let me take a look at it uncooked, ill get you some major lighting and super high FPS

pour exemple:
    + 400FPS
    hundreds of lights ; including dynamic- - **** map though lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    #-problem is - whilst i take these images; i minimise UT3 - make the image and then i get this problem;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
      Mcraft Island

* Textures
      * Models [we have mushrooms ]
      * Weapons [Super Sheep]
      * Code

-Just to put it in perspective:
      * CullDistance = 3750
      * lighting = false
      * map file size = 8000kb
      * 5271 Destructible

- atm im only pulling around '60- 100+ fps', but given the amount of actors i suppose this will do.

- i also tested this with 40,000 cubes-lol
      - a day and night cycle is possible, however without lights i dont think its the same

PS3:
      - if anyone wants to test it :

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21422...aft_Island.rar
      - let me know how it runs on 256mb ram
      hey bro, is there a PC link ? (if it also exists i missed it ), my kids will never let me breathe till i can provide em a pc version of this
      thx in advance and keep up the good work

Comment

My first map using a lava theme. A night setting is the way to go 4 days of work only, don't expect nothing extraordinary LOL. I'm still at crafting the layout & experimenting gameplay but I have a goal, it's just a start.

[screenshot]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5366/maria1ea.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1419/maria2rp.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3893/maria3i.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

hey steve thats is a interesting layout! about that lava thing treatment in mapping, you can learn how its manage for example you can see the map morgoth or so i think this map does have lava, or that one that tharalla made ( dunno which map was :/ ), you open the ueditor and see the properties it does have and the test until you are happy with the results

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
            hey steve thats is a interesting layout! about that lava thing treatment in mapping, you can learn how its manage for example you can see the map morgoth or so i think this map does have lava, or that one that tharalla made ( dunno which map was :/ ), you open the ueditor and see the properties it does have and the test until you are happy with the results
            THX m8. Yep, the lava I'll use will come from Thrallala map. It's the best looking lava I've saw in all UT3 maps. The one you see in the pics is just the Epic one, I use temporary lol, it is extremely ugly as far as I'm concerned.

I have few awesome maps that use this theme so I won't be in trouble when I'll work on visuals

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
              THX m8. Yep, the lava I'll use will come from Thrallala map. It's the best looking lava I've saw in all UT3 maps. The one you see in the pics is just the Epic one, I use temporary lol, it is extremely ugly as far as I'm concerned.

I have few awesome maps that use this theme so I won't be in trouble when I'll work on visuals
              Wow nice bro. Cant wait to see some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL View Post
                Wow nice bro. Cant wait to see some more.
                THX bro

No idea when I'll release it. After all, M├ęgane is a deception from this community with that poor feedback attitude... so maybe I'll release it only for the UOF buds, dunno yet.

Comment

Hi Steve, I liked your map since beggining, dont make maps only maps for people is too for your own enjoyment. Its hard to like all people you know. To me this maps is one of your best in terms gameplay and visuals ( keeping in mind there is some custom content made by you ).

PD: I like the cast shadows, mmm sexy!
                  pd: Never mind i can give feedback in your forum if needed mate

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                    Hi Steve, I liked your map since beggining, dont make maps only maps for people is too for your own enjoyment. Its hard to like all people you know. To me this maps is one of your best in terms gameplay and visuals ( keeping in mind there is some custom content made by you ).

PD: I like the cast shadows, mmm sexy!
                    pd: Never mind i can give feedback in your forum if needed mate
                    Hey m8

I map for myself.

Still, after working on something since months to build a HQ map & release it to everyone for free, when looking the views / download numbers, I expect the players who play & like my work to say "Thank you" at least. Getting free HQ stuff is from the players side, been gratefull goes on the mapper / modder side & demonstrate your time & effort is well appreciate. Or else what is the purpose of a forums ???

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
                        I've my pants wet When I see beauty like this! ( Im joking dont fear my pant lol ) wow nice atmosphere!

Comment

Comment

Comment

After 3 more hours.

Comment

Align Your textures !!!

- your like me- finally get a screenshot together; upload the image- and then it is painfully noticeable that the textures are not aligned.. LOL

- i hate this too; *i feel these pains LMAO

Comment

Working...
                                X