X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalled UT3.

It's only the PICKUPS-package.

It's a bit a shame, since i'm working on some customized skins for the health and armor in my map.

I can duplicate them to my own package, but when i modify the material of it, the mesh simpply disappear.

-edit-

I guess i need to re-link some references in my scripts to handle this problem.

Comment

It's a shame & quite a odd prob

I don't think I can help you out in this case. It surpass my editor knowledge. I hope other more experienced users will be able to help you out

Comment

So, using this proccess, is there a way to export a warafre node mesh so i can open it externally in a 3d app?
        By the way, does anyone know where i can find the node mesh? I can't find it anywhere!

Comment

try "GP_Onslaught" or something. I don't have my editor open so I can't verify which package, but I inserted it just yesterday so I know it's easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Staward View Post
            So, using this proccess, is there a way to export a warafre node mesh so i can open it externally in a 3d app?
            By the way, does anyone know where i can find the node mesh? I can't find it anywhere!
            Following the tutorial, you should be able to duplicate every mesh

For nodes, games effects indeed, you can look in GP_Onslaught or in PICKUPS for starting

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
              Following the tutorial, you should be able to duplicate every mesh

For nodes, games effects indeed, you can look in GP_Onslaught or in PICKUPS for starting
              but when I export the textures to my disk,there is nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Erictt View Post
                but when I export the textures to my disk,there is nothing
                Oddly enough, I don't think this method works for textures.

Comment

Take a look at post # 12 @ 14

Comment

I love you!
                    I just successfuly copied and made necessary changes to one of Epics base materials with 138 instructions and 11 textures Without copying it would be madness to recreate that material for tweaking.

Comment

He he

It make me so happy when peoples are leaving some comments saying that I could help them in a way or another, it make my day

Cheers

Comment

I notice that 2 images was missing, I upload them again.

Comment

I add a bit of text in the first post so it can be more helpful.

For Odedge

If you want to update the info on your website, this is what I add in the end of the first post :

PS: It's not possible to use this method for textures. Therefore, take a look at post # 12 @ 14 for another method. The tool is available here

When I mention, take a look at post # XXX, you can add a direct link on Epic posts or add info using your words, your the boss

See ya

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                            I add a bit of text in the first post so it can be more helpful.

For Odedge

If you want to update the info on your website, this is what I add in the end of the first post :

PS: It's not possible to use this method for textures. Therefore, take a look at post # 12 @ 14 for another method. The tool is available here

When I mention, take a look at post # XXX, you can add a direct link on Epic posts or add info using your words, your the boss

See ya
                            Updated. I did link to the specific forum thread on my site. You might want to do the same thing as it looks like you are suggesting to read post 12 and 14. Post 12 is mine and doesn't mention the program, though 14 does.

I have heard of this program, have you tried it?

Comment

Nope, I didn't tried it but it seem a lot of folks are using it for that purpose so that is why I include the link.

& indeed, your post don't mention the program but still, it is to understand more easily the conversation from the beginning to the end for a newcomer

Comment

Will this method work for importing a static mesh from another user made map? I followed the directions and it works fine for importing from an Epic map. However, when I try to import a static mesh from a custom map with its own package, located here: C:\Users\Oden\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

The mesh imports into my package fine, and my package now has an asterisk* by its name indicating it has not been saved. So when I try to save my package, unreal ed throws the following:
                                Can't save C:\Users\Oden\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\Aether.ut 3: Graph is linked to object in external map package. Try to find the chain of references to that objext (may take some time)?

Then crashes. Sorry I'm new to mapping in Unreal Ed 3 and don't fully understand the relationships from the mesh being tied to the level?

Comment

Working...
                                X