Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

having physic or gravity volumes effect a static mesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having physic or gravity volumes effect a static mesh?

I am building a conveyor belt in my level and I want these static mesh box's to be effected by the gravity volume, is this possible?

www.dwbailey.com

So I tried converting the static mesh into a kactor but still the VOLUMES did not effect the model. Anyone Know how to accomplish this?

Comment

im still in need of this, does anyone know if there is a certain attribute that i need checked?

Comment

I'm really just replying because no one else will. I'm still new to the editor myself, but isn't there a way to add the objects you want to affect in the gravity volume properties? I think you have to add the objects you want affected

Comment

i would also like to know this

Comment

hmm not sure, ill check it out right now as soon as unreal opens.

Comment

bump. Anyone have a solution to this question?

Comment

I tried this once, I should still have the test map around. Essentially, you not only need to tell the volume to affect it, but you also have to tell the kActor to be affected. I'll try to find my map in the meantime and do some property comparisons. Will upload details later if no-one else has, yet.

Comment

I forgot. One does not have to change anything in the gravity volume properties from defaults in order to affect kactors. Likewise, kactors are affected by world gravity and gravity volumes alike; no changes are required there, either. I was getting this confused with an experiment I had done with the Bombing Run ball, in which I had to tick bMoveProjectiles.
                  You can change what the gravity volume affects in the collision section and in the physics volume section

Comment

I have tried what you have said, but I can't make it work. Is it possible for you to upload the test level with the right options, or can you send it to me on spammand@gmail.com

Comment

I am seeing the problem now. Before, I was ticking awake-on-level-start and I assumed everything was working because my actors started floating up. The problem is that they are only affected by the volume initially, once they have escaped the volume or become affected by player, they are no longer affected by the volume's zone velocity or gravityz. I haven't looked into why this is yet. Too bad, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X