Copying and pasting one map into another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying and pasting one map into another

I am trying to copy contents from one of my maps into another, but I get the error "Graph is linked to object in external package..." when I try to save the map after copying and pasting.

Both of the maps store all of their custom stuff like terrains and textures in themselves, not in a seperate package. I think this is the problem. What is the fastest way to combine two maps like this?

i would try dublicating all the custom content into a new package, open the new map, dublicate everything into it from your temporary package and then copy paste the map. hope that works.

Comment

You probably copied something, like a static mesh, that uses a meterial which only exists on this level, and forgot to copy this material so the editor can't find in the new map. This happened to me once. If that's the case you need to find every material assoated with every SM on the other levels and copy everything, unless it's in some of the stock packages, then you just need to open them first. (this could be something else and not only ST with materials)

Comment

Thank you, this solved my problem

Was trying to create a prefab with wireterminals, which doesn't work snce the wire mesh is save in the map's package

So thx a lot Staward

Greetz Apple-Guy

ps sry for the necro bump, just to inform people that this helps for some people

Comment

Working...
        X