help with importing custom character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with importing custom character

Hi, I have been able to import and see my character in the character selection menu, but he is super small. He is the size of a boot of one of the regular characters.
    I used one of the master skeletons from epic's website, and fit my character to the skeleton. Nothing was scaled so i don't know what the problem is.

Any help would be appricated
    Thanks

its possible that you merged the rig into your characters scene, the correct way is to open the epic character file then delete the meshes, then merge your mesh into the scene, now rig/skin your meshes to the b_*** bones before you export

Comment

ok thanks, I was skinning to the biped rig instead of the epic rig, now I got it to show up at the correct size.

Now the problem is he won't show up in game even if I have selected him. It just shows some default character. is there anything I need to turn on?

Also I noticed that the default characters move just slightly when at the character selection screen as if they are breathing, but my character just stands still like a statue, is this normal, or do I need to do some thing else?

Comment

sounds like you've missed something out, have a look at your launch.log to see what its missing

Comment

Custom Chars

Hey there, I'm new to the Unreal Tournament 3 engine I've used the past Unreal Engines and this new one seems so...alien to me it so happens that I am using the 40k chars but I have no idea nor hint on how to import them I read the "readme" file but it just doesn't make much sense to me could some one tell me how to do it step by step? It would be more than appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X