Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Masking questions.

So I have this material, like so:

and I want to multiply it over a flat colored material, so it's no longer masked, but has a brown/grey/colored material.

The only possibly way i can think of doing this right now is to multiply two different materials together, but I don't know how to do this. Is there some way to have this happen inside just one material?
    and please dont say "just make it a texture with a brown background in Photoshop" because that's not what i'm trying to do.

Use a Linear Interpolate expression with the other color and the RGB of that texture as the A & B inputs and the Alpha of that texture as the Alpha input. I think that is what you are after anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the help, this is what I end up with:

If you can see where the brown starts to go white, that is where I want the blurry green to go from the first example. It's starting to work, but it looks like it's taking the B slot and pasting it over the A slot where the alpha texture would be. Is there a way to bypass that so the alpha texture is pasted ontop instead of the B slot piece?

Comment

I must not have been clear enough. The RGB output of the bottom texture should be plugged into the B slot. You don't need that extra Constant3Vector at all.

Comment

Ahh, sorry, I must have read it wrong now that I look back and read it again.
          I'll check this again tomorrow, as I don't have my work with me right now. Thanks.

Comment

so this is what i ended up with:

is there a way to get rid of the white outline dividing the grassy part and the brown?

Comment

I would guess that is due to your alpha channel and the fact that your texture has white in it. I would either make the transitions in your alpha channel much more abrupt or make your texture have a brown background instead of the white.

Comment

...the texture actually didn't even have a background in Photoshop. I guess when I saved it as a .TGA, it gave it a white background.

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr6831 View Post
                  is there a way to get rid of the white outline dividing the grassy part and the brown?
                  This should be the diffuse/color map:

and this should be the alpha channel:

Comment

the images arent working :/

Comment

They do now

Comment

Working...
                      X