Make an object fall down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make an object fall down.

Im planning a map where you run on a bridge that will fall down when you have passed over it. How do i do that?

never tested but I think you can make that with a hidden mover where you put on it the differents parts of your bridge created with havock actors.
    put a trigger volume at the end of your bridge which activate the mover, then the parts of your bridge may fall down...
    Try this way, not shure if it works, but can be a easy solution if it works...

Comment

If you just want each piece to fall after the player has stepped on it and then off it again, just make each piece a KActor and set bWakeOnLevelStart to false. The player walking on the KActor will wake it up, but it won't fall until the player steps off of it. If you want it to fall even if the player is still standing on it, it will be more complicated as you will end up needing a combination of KActors and some sort of triggering mechanism and possibly a mover or set of movers. I'm sure there are many ways to do it, but I wouldn't be able to say without spending some time playing with it.

Comment

If the bridge falls down as one piece, you could simulate physics with a realistic mover.

Or then with physics actors, but that might lower perfomance, depending on how you do it...

Comment

If you're thinking rope bridge like Indiana Jones style, I'd recommend messing with some constraint actors tied to each plank of the bridge (these would be KActors). This might give the most realistic look. You could then make a new physics asset for the bridge planks to control how they fall.

This sounds like a very fun project!

Comment

Working...
          X