How to change autosave frequency? *FIXED TY*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks heaps guys, ill amend the OP topic with *fixed*. Its not getting in the way atm, coz im at the early days, on a new project ive that ive actually put on hold to try and learn some modelling, but with dm-beesting it was about 45secs each autosave. So i was getting 9min 15secs outta every ten mins and like yourself odedge after flirting with disaster in the early days, i do multiple and regular manual saves, usually about 1 every 10 mins depending on what im doing. Then save twice at least each time, coz u get that little star telling you the package saved into the mapfile hasnt saved properly, so at the end of last map would be 3x45 sec saves every 10mins, so yerh losing 2min 15secs every 10 mins..... lol
    Thanks again for your help folks
    [EDIT] and your help a loooong time ago with texture imports ffejnosliw

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    You can change the frequency of autosaving in one of the menus (View perhaps?).
    It's in View -> AutoSave Interval (I have the editor open). You can also adjust it on the bottom right hand of your editor. It's the last check box/drop down menu.

With my saves taking 30 seconds+ (which seems like forever, I changed it to 30 minutes). But since I have been mapping for a while, I also make many copies of my map while I am building it. I don't try to relay on the autosave feature too much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not sure what you're talking about with regards to getting the package to stick. You can change the frequency of autosaving in one of the menus (View perhaps?). I wouldn't set it too low unless it's actually getting in your way, i.e. your map is huge and saving takes quite a while. Otherwise, you're likely to encounter a situation where you need that autosave and you will have lost more work than you needed to have lost.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How to change autosave frequency? *FIXED TY*

How to change autosave frequency? *FIXED TY*

Hi all I know this is prob a daft question, but how does one change the interval at which UEd does an autosave? As much as i can gather once you save a package into a mapfile, it must be saved at least twice to actually get the package to stick.... This would kind of make autosaves redundant as they only save once each time? Therefore im thinking i want to drastically reduce/ remove altogether autosaves, how would one go about this?
    Thanks to anyone in "the know"
Working...
X