Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Tigger Text?

Hey,

Does anybody know how to make it so when you are in the range of using a triger, it says, "Press E to Activate", or "Unlock Door", so forth. With the trigger properties in kismet, it wont show up in the game :S

Cheeeerrrsssssss

I think there is a way to output comments into the screen yeah....im not an expert at Kismet but i know its possible.

Comment

I think its something to do with UI scene, you can link the trigger output to this node to display it while in the trigger radius. Dont know how to set up the text properly, tho

Comment

I have tried a lot of different ways to do this and I can't figure out a good way to accomplish it other than outputting a comment to the screen. Problem with that is that it usually goes unnoticed because it's either off to the side (where you would see Node/Flag announcements) or it gets thrown into the chat area.

Comment

in kismet:

new action > hud > text to screen

might need to set the target to player.

Comment

Originally posted by BIOS View Post
            in kismet:

new action > hud > text to screen

might need to set the target to player.
            does this work in multiplayer maps aswell?

Comment

dunno, but i'd be surprised if it didn't, seems like text would be the easiest thing to replicate from client to server to client. easy to test though...

Comment

Originally posted by nitroxl View Post
                Hey,

Does anybody know how to make it so when you are in the range of using a triger, it says, "Press E to Activate", or "Unlock Door", so forth. With the trigger properties in kismet, it wont show up in the game :S

Cheeeerrrsssssss
                Surprisingly this is actually an option in the use triggers. Unfortunately my attempts to get use triggers to work properly failed, and I also think I read somewhere that it was left out of UT3.

I would go with the UI scene myself but then I haven't tried out the HUD > Text to screen.

Comment

Hmm.. There afew threads that have kismet actions/events that I don't have at all. I have UT3 and I see no HUD > Text To Screen under Actions. You guy's using GOW editor trying to help out UT3 guys or something?

Comment

I'm also using UT3 and don't have the HUD > Text To Screen option.

Is there anyway to get this working?

Thanks

Comment

Two ways to achieve this...

1) Use an emitter. Make the particle display the sentence you want. Use a trigger volume to toggle it on and off or just set its cull distance to the size of the trigger volume you would use. The message will always face the player and will work in multiplayer(you'll just have to have a particle for each player).

2) Use a UIscene that displays the text you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X