Vehicle missing in editor game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle missing in editor game

When I try to add vehicles in the level, I can't use or see them in the game. Why and how do I fix it?

You don't add the actual vehicle, in the generic browser go to the second tab, and select Navigation Point, then vehicle factory, then the vehicle factory of choice. Add it like you did the vehicle.

Comment

Yhm... I have similar problem, yet I am using the UTVehicleFactory actor.
      I think it is some crappy problem of collision, because the vehicle should appear in relatively small room. Is there any way to make it work without changing the room size?

Comment

Bump...
        any ideas or suggestions, how to force the Vehicle Factory to work despite it "thinks" there is not enough space?

Comment

The bounding volume size can't be changed. That is the problem.
          Turn on "Bounds" in the viewport.

Try raising it and the that platform a little higher.

Also, the size of the vehicle in the editor is not the size in the game. The Hellbender is one such example.

Comment

Assuming you have saved the map using a gametype as the prefix, and rebuilt all, the only instance that I know of where the vehicle won't spawn is if the map is a warfare map and the vehicle isn't linked to any team.

Comment

Yes, map is prefixed by VCTF-
              Without the prefix my observation was that I cannot even properly spawn in the in-editor game.

@nomadicus: I think I will have to move the platform and scale up whole compartment. With the 'Bounds' turned on (thank you) I know now what I am against...
              To make things worse I want this room to be rotated - walls are not parallel to the axis (note the coordinate system icon on the bottom-left side of my screenshot), but I cannot rotate the squarish bounds...

Nevertheless I consider this to be a flaw in the engine and would love to see some correcton or walkaround in the future...

Update:
              I moved the VehicleFactory up and now, after it spawns it simply falls on the ground. However spawn position is somewhat offset from the position of the Factory (in XY plane), and - what is worse - after I build paths the editor forcefully puts the Factory on the ground and disables its appearance ingame!

Comment

try changing the
                Code:
                CollisionHeight=+10.0
                in the factory code

Code:
                /**
                 * Copyright 1998-2007 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                 * Bodge by Geodav for UT40k
                 */
                class UTVehicleFactory_Jetbike extends UTVehicleFactory;

defaultproperties
                {
                	Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
                		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'VH_CWE_Jetbike.Mesh.cwjetbike'
                		Translation=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=0.0)
                	End Object

Components.Remove(Sprite)

Begin Object Name=CollisionCylinder
                		CollisionHeight=+10.0