Stasis pods preventing cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadicus View Post
    Did you delete LT-Morbias in your binaries folder?
    Yes I did.

I was reading DGUnreal's sticky post about files with improper embedded redirection. It mentions problems with the Bonus Pack 1 assets.
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...2&postcount=84

I'm starting to think this might be part of the problem. It looks pretty involved to get that sorted but I will probably try to tackle that at some point.

Comment

An answer maybe kinda-ish

So, I've had a similar problem with the error: "Couldn't find seek free bulk data info: MipLevel_4 for Texture2D..."

How I got it:
      I like to make my own materials, but I'm still rather new to it. In any case I made a material by importing my custom made texture and hooking up appropriately. I applied the material to a surface and thought, wouldn't it just be dandy if i lightened it up a snooch. So I imported a different, slightly modified custom texture I made. I duplicated the material I applied earlier and renamed and opened it up in the material editor. All I did was change the original texture to use the new one. Applying the duplicated material with the changed texture seemed fine and dandy. And it appeared that way until I hit the publish button. This of course led to the unfortunate: "Couldn't find seek free bulk data info: MipLevel_4 for Texture2D..."

How I fixed it:
      Technically one fix was simply not to use the duplicated material, but that would be pointless. The real fix was that I just made a new material and rigged it up the same way. I applied it and now I'm able to publish just fine. Why the hell duplicating a material and editing it would cause such a pain is unknown to me.

Alternative to duplicating materials for people who want and need to:
      Open the material you wish to duplicate in the material editor and select all objects. Hit CTRL+C, close it out, create a new material, and CTRL+V. Dumb workaround, but it works.

I know your problem had to do with a static mesh, but hopefully my discovery will birth yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot View Post
        So, I've had a similar problem with the error: "Couldn't find seek free bulk data info: MipLevel_4 for Texture2D..."

How I got it:
        I like to make my own materials, but I'm still rather new to it. In any case I made a material by importing my custom made texture and hooking up appropriately. I applied the material to a surface and thought, wouldn't it just be dandy if i lightened it up a snooch. So I imported a different, slightly modified custom texture I made. I duplicated the material I applied earlier and renamed and opened it up in the material editor. All I did was change the original texture to use the new one. Applying the duplicated material with the changed texture seemed fine and dandy. And it appeared that way until I hit the publish button. This of course led to the unfortunate: "Couldn't find seek free bulk data info: MipLevel_4 for Texture2D..."

How I fixed it:
        Technically one fix was simply not to use the duplicated material, but that would be pointless. The real fix was that I just made a new material and rigged it up the same way. I applied it and now I'm able to publish just fine. Why the hell duplicating a material and editing it would cause such a pain is unknown to me.

Alternative to duplicating materials for people who want and need to:
        Open the material you wish to duplicate in the material editor and select all objects. Hit CTRL+C, close it out, create a new material, and CTRL+V. Dumb workaround, but it works.

I know your problem had to do with a static mesh, but hopefully my discovery will birth yours.
        Hey thanks for the input. I still have not solved this problem but haven't worked on it lately and it's on the back burner. I'm still working on my level though so I need to fix it at some point.

Comment

Well, here's some additional info as I ran into the problem again and couldn't fix it with the way I described. So yes, I got the dreaded "Couldn't find seek free..." bull **** again. All I did was import a texture and create a new material from it and lastly applied to a surface. Each time I cooked, it failed. SO, I deleted the material and the imported texture. I then imported the same texture i deleted, but into a different package. Created a new material in that package, applied, saved, cooked, everything is dandy again.

My assumption (which is most likely wrong) is that a package has a limit of some kind. I don't know what that limit is, be it size, number of "objects", or whatever.

I seriously wish I had access to Epic's bug database or something.

Comment

Working...
          X