Stasis pods preventing cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stasis pods preventing cook

Okay, after many months of working on my level I thought I should probably see if it cooked. Well, guess what? It crashes on the SeekFree portion. After spending about 8 hours going through my incremental backups and deleting things and retrying over and over (painful!), it came down to the "stasis pods" I'm using from the LT_Morbias package.

That package gets installed in a separate package folder so just for yuks I moved it into Environments to see if that fixed it. It didn't. I then duplicated it into my own map package and pointed all of my instantiations of it to my package. My map still won't cook unless I remove the stasis pods. Anyone have any ideas what is going on with those?

Bump... Anybody know what makes certain static meshes not cookable and is there a setting I can change in the mesh?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I will add them to a test level just a DM-Box really & see if it cooks for me. I don't know why that would be the prob but, we all know that the littlest thing can gum up the works :P

I'll get back to you

Comment

Originally posted by Repent_ View Post
          I will add them to a test level just a DM-Box really & see if it cooks for me. I don't know why that would be the prob but, we all know that the littlest thing can gum up the works :P

I'll get back to you
          Thanks! (10chars)

Comment

sorry did not cook =(

Comment

Originally posted by Repent_ View Post
              sorry did not cook =(
              Actually that is a good thing because you confirmed my findings. Now, does anyone know how to fix this? I'm thinking of trying to export it to Maya then import back in. Never done that before so I will have to figure that out.

Comment

Finally got around to trying to fix this problem. Here's my error log:

>>
                Critical: appError called:
                Critical: Couldn't find seek free bulk data info: MipLevel_3 for Texture2D LT_Morbias.SM.Mesh.T_LT_Mech_SM_StasisPodGlass_SS_ LT_Mech_SM_StasisPod_Closed
                Recook with -full
                Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                Log: === Critical error: ===
                Couldn't find seek free bulk data info: MipLevel_3 for Texture2D LT_Morbias.SM.Mesh.T_LT_Mech_SM_StasisPodGlass_SS_ LT_Mech_SM_StasisPod_Closed
                Recook with -full
                <<

The resultant error above is from using the Frontend with the -full command so I was already doing what it says to do in the error. Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                  I then duplicated it into my own map package and pointed all of my instantiations of it to my package. My map still won't cook unless I remove the stasis pods. Anyone have any ideas what is going on with those?
                  Did you also duplicate the texture & material used into your own package also?

Comment

Check your \Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\ folders (not My Documents. The one in \Program Files\). There can be absolutely no packages whatsoever.
                    Also, delete all the cache files in both \CookedPC\ folders.
                    Last but not least, delete the temp files in C:\Documents and Settings\<loginID>\Local Settings\Temp\
                    I sort of doubt this will fix it, but at least will eliminate one set of problems.

Comment

> "Couldn't find seek free bulk data info: MipLevel_3 for Texture2D LT_Morbias.SM.Mesh.T_LT_Mech_SM_StasisPodGlass_SS_ LT_Mech_SM_StasisPod_Closed"

Which LT_Morbias is this? The stock package or one you have copied? I sort of have lost track . . .

I do know having duplicate package names between stock and My Documents can cause a crash. If that is the case . . .

Try copying LT_Morbias with a different name. Put it in \My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Environments\ and called it LT_Morbias-Alt (or something).
                      You will have to recook that package itself. That will most likely require some sort of test map with a single reference to something known to work. The point is, you have to get a clean published version of LT_Morbias-Alt before proceeding.

Now, create a test map to see if the \published\ version of LT_Morbias-Alt works. Or, if it is not too much work, move all references in your map from the old to the new.

edit: In thinking about it, what I just wrote is some what of a long shot. This is really strange but incorrectly using external packages in your My Documents/My Games/ . . . folder can wreak havoc.

Comment

Woooaaa! I just checked, \UTGame\CookedPC\Packages\LT-Morbias is not on the original DVD nor the Dedicated Server.
                        Where the heck did it come from? Maybe LT_Morbias does indeed have a bug with its stasis pods.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadicus View Post
                          Woooaaa! I just checked, \UTGame\CookedPC\Packages\LT-Morbias is not on the original DVD nor the Dedicated Server.
                          Where the heck did it come from? Maybe LT_Morbias does indeed have a bug with its stasis pods.
                          The Morbias package came with the Epic bonus pack and it ends up in a separate folder "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Packages" when you install the pack.

The pods look great and work great uncooked. I used them originally from the LT_Morbias.upk package and then when I found out that they didn't cook, I used the duplication technique described in these forums to duplicate them to my map package to see if that would work but no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRingHalo View Post
                            Did you also duplicate the texture & material used into your own package also?
                            Okay, it looks like I only duplicated the mesh and the materials but I see there are textures in there. Jeez, I guess I don't understand how this stuff works because the duplicated ones are in my level now and they look fine, they don't look like they are missing anything.

I actually tried twice to duplicate one of the textures associated with the pods and it crashed the editor both times. Honestly, I don't know what I would do with them if I was successful duplicating them. When I duplicated the pods, I had to go into the mesh editor and add the duplicated material. If I can get these textures in, do they get applied to the materials in the material editor? The materials already look correct but maybe they are still referring back to the textures in LT_Morbias.upk. I will try a few more times to see if I can get it duplicated.

Thanks for the interest in this problem guys. Been a little quiet around here lately.

Comment

Did you delete LT-Morbias in your binaries folder?

Comment

Working...
                              X