Jump pad sounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump pad sounds?

I am using custom "jump pads" in my map and have jump pads set to "no draw" which is great! However, there is still the ambient hum of the jump pad and the push sound once it's triggered. Is there any way I can change the stock sounds of the jump pad, or is that hard coded? Thanks for any help folks!

There's a jump sound field in the jump pad's properties, so you can just pick a new sound cue for that.

Not sure what you can do about the ambient hum, though. I had my custom jump pads set to hidden in the object section of their properties, and I don't think I noticed the sound, but it could just have been because there was so much background noise.

Comment

bummer, that ambient hum is what i would like to get rid of more than the jump/push sound. the sound really doesn't fit in with the overall theme of the map.

Comment

bump...............anybody?

Comment

Try adding the ambient sound you want to use over the jump pad, give it a louder volume than the jump pad's sound, and a small radius.

Comment

that would be a pretty loud sound, and the underlying buzz would still be there, so that's not really an option for me. but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Neocane View Post
              I am using custom "jump pads" in my map and have jump pads set to "no draw" which is great! However, there is still the ambient hum of the jump pad and the push sound once it's triggered. Is there any way I can change the stock sounds of the jump pad, or is that hard coded? Thanks for any help folks!
              It's a good question, I wouldn't mind knowing too

Comment

Well, considering that the radius of the Ambient humming of the jump pads is about 128-192uu, you could set the radius of the ambient sound to 192uu.

Well, good luck with finding an alternative . The only way that I have been able to put a different ambient sound over the default jump pad sound is with this method.

Comment

Thinking out of the box here... if there's no way of turning the sound off, you could always try exporting the hum sound, inverting the phase (turning the sound wave upside down) then importing it into your map, placing it near the jump pad and the new sound should in theory cancel the hum out.

Comment

well now, that does sound like an interesting theory, but i don't have any sound editing prgms, or experience with them. lol

Comment

OK, just tried it and it works : )

heres the WAV file of the inverted phase hum sample : http://www.plugh.co.uk/resources/jum...seinverted.zip

I found adjusting the Volume Multiplier to about 3.25 in the sound CUE worked well, although tweaking with it some more might produce better cancellation. I also copied all the settings from the A_Gameplay>Jumppad:JumpPad_Ambient01Cue exactly, when I created my new Sound CUE (apart from the sound source of course).

Comment

Plugh; that is genius. Well done!

Comment

thank you very much!!

Comment

love j00 ploo

Comment

i must be doing something wrong. i import the wav file and then bring it into my map and it not only makes no sound, it doesnt cancel the original sound. help?

Comment

Working...
                              X