OMGEEE I feel like such an UnrealED n00b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMGEEE I feel like such an UnrealED n00b

Wow, ok I've been working with UnrealED for about 3 months, but I can't figure out how to complete a simple task. How do I destroy the wall between two hollow added boxes? Seriously it seems simple, but its stumping me big time.
    Also one thing throwing me off, is it's my first time ever using additive to make a map.

You mean two volumes? The standard way would be to put the brush between them, so that it touches/overlaps the sides where you want the holes to be, but instead of pressing add to create the volume, you press substract.

Comment

Originally posted by sheld0n View Post
      You mean two volumes? The standard way would be to put the brush between them, so that it touches/overlaps the sides where you want the holes to be, but instead of pressing add to create the volume, you press substract.
      No, acctually I mean TWO BSP CUBIC brushes (I'm trying to connect a hollow rectangular hallway, to a large hollow cube (a big room).

Comment

i think that was what be ment. take a builder brush and make it overlap your current two brushes (where you want the hole to be) then press substract (if the two brushes are addatives) and a hole will appear between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by The7thCrest View Post
          No, acctually I mean TWO BSP CUBIC brushes.
          In my head they count as volumes, but I can see how you could misunderstand, so sorry about the confusion. Yes, the method I described will work for what you're asking.

Comment

Working...
          X