Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modeling In UnrealED (Making Static Meshes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modeling In UnrealED (Making Static Meshes)

I am currently working on a map project and I need a static mesh, I'm looking for some sort of Mine Cart, or somthing like that, that goes on rails, I don't want the BulletTrain. I searched through all the stock meshes and can't seem to find one, so I decided I would try and make one out of BSP and save it as a static mesh. I made on saved it, but then discovered that it was saved as a non collision model, so this causes problems for use as a cart/car. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a mine car mesh, or somone who cold make a quick simple one for me, I do not have a 3d modeler, and I refuse to work with some of the complicated and or horrible free ones found online. Also another alternative is for somone to give me tips on Modeling IN the unreal editor, as to how I could convert BSP brushes to a collision model Static Mesh.

well a mine cart is cubish, so you could put a bsp brush that it fits inside around it,
    and right click on the static mesh and select save brush as collision

Comment

THanks, I'll try it

Comment

why not in the static mesh editor untick simplebox collison and simpleline collision and then in properties tick collide complex?

Comment

I have now downloaded XSI Modtool, really awsome program, only problem is losing the model textures when importing to unrealED

Comment

Working...
          X