Moving Pathnodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Pathnodes?

Is there a way to move pathnodes? The problem is that the paths contain data telling the bots where to go, like in CTF you hit the M/N buttons to show the arrows and they follow the paths to the flags. If I were to switch the powerup (or flag, which is my intention) to a different room, without moving the corresponding pathnodes, the bots would say "going to the super health" then run towards where it used to be, hit the last node on the path then run towards the powerup wherever it may be, most likely into a wall causing the bot to run back and forth, crying.

So my question sums up to: can i create a rotating hallway, ie one end fixed and the other rotating around it with pathnodes along the way and the flag at the end?

dont think you can move pathnodes but you could maybe fale it with disabling the pathnodes currently not in the room and enabling new ones where the room moved to.

Comment

What about the pathnodes used with dropped weapons? They "move" and bots use them when looking for paths...

But for level statics and dynamics, you could use Kismet or some such to enable/disable pathnodes when the level areas change. I think...

Only problem is that what happens to the paths when the corridor/something is currently moving. Bots would need to go around elsewhere until the movement is finished and the new pathnodes are enabled.

Comment

While faking it sounds good it wouldn't work because as stated in my first post the data is stored in the paths, so if I faked a path to lead to the new powerup position the bots wouldn't know where it goes. I might be able to force a path though... I'll try it.

Comment

Tried it, I seems to work but because of the way UE3 builds the paths I'm have to do a lot of work to force and proscribe the paths. I was wondering if there was a way to create 2 different sets of paths, and turn one off and the other on when a trigger is hit, sublevels maybe, I really don't know how it works...

Comment

You can toggle pathnodes on and off.
            Look at the bridge in Onyx (I believe) as an example.

Comment

Working...
            X