Mutator editor ... PS3 user.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutator editor ... PS3 user.

As a PS3 user and Linux user there is no way to make any mods.
    Is there a way to compile mutators for PS3 without Windows?
    I am asking for a Mutator compiler for Linux. There is no need of the content of the original game to have a limited mutator compiler for Linux.

Unfortunately the content is needed to compile unrealscript. Unrealscript is a class base language and as such it needs the stock UT3 classes, engine classes and so forth to be able to compile and as content is referenced in the code you need the content otherwise you'll get flooded with unresolved references. Making a completely standalone compiler which doesn't need any external resources at all is probably far beyond the scope of what is viable for them to do given the development time required for it.

However, you are in luck as they are working on a Linux client for UT3, which includes UnrealEd and undoubtably the unrealscript compiler as it's built into the game's binary, god knows when they're going to straighten out the licensing issues that are holding it up, though, but don't get your hopes up for it being compatible with PS3 Linux if that's what you use.

Comment

I do not have a problem to buy the game again for PC. My only problem are Windows. I don't want to buy Windows again.

Comment

Yeah, I'm waiting eagerly for the Linux client to be released. Not using windows isn't really an option for me, but I far prefer linux to anything else, so I got excited when they said that they'd have UnrealEd working on the linux client. Just a shame it's taking so long.

Comment

Working...
        X