make normals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make normals?

hej all, i maked normal maps by own textures with the programm "crazy bumb". now this trial is exterminated. hw i can use it again? or someone know i good programm for free ?

p.s. i havent adobe photoshop.

Crazy Bump is relatively inexpensive to purchase, given its power. More manual normal mapping tools like Mudbox are also an option (I believe Mudbox offers a cheap, non-commercial license). nVidia and ATI also provide free tools that generate normal maps from photos/textures, but imo they aren't near as sophisticated as Crazy Bump.

Comment

i check mudbox, and this is a just a trial for free . i need a programm for free for a long long time.

Comment

Can't help you then, I'm sorry. AFAIK no one makes an entirely free normal mapping program with the power of Crazy Bump or the manual sculpting capabilities of Mudbox. Try the ATI/nVidia tools.

Comment

hi all, i searched a long long time, and now i use GIMP with normalmap plug in. i recommand it, its for free, and better than crazy bumb.

Comment

Just read your post. Glad you found the GIMP plug-in . . . I was about to mention it.
            I used GIMP's normal map plugin for a long time. It is good but the 3x3 and 5x5 are too corse to get a refined normal map. Don't get me wrong, the plug-in is good. I have made at least 100 normals maps with it, but I have to say that CrazyBump is better, faster, the long term way to go . . . assuming one can afford it.

Comment

How does the GIMP plugin algorithm seem to work? Assuming CrazyBump's insane shape/depth recognition is a 10, and nVidia's relatively basic contrast-based normals is a 1, where would it fit on the scale?

Comment

-open your picture
                -taskbar/filter/illustrate/normalmap
                -now you can change some settings

Comment

Working...
                X