Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickup only able to be picked up by red team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickup only able to be picked up by red team?

I'm scratching my head on this one. On my map (see sig), there's an EMP and a slow field pickup.

I tested it, it ran fine, etc.

But when a friend of mine put the map on his server, and I was on blue team (which I can't seem to figure out how to do in the play-in-editor), I found I was unable to pick them up.

Red could pick them up fine, but blue could not.

...?

Figured it out! I was using UTDeployableNodeLocker instead of UTDeployablePickupFactory.

Seems to work now!

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
      .(which I can't seem to figure out how to do in the play-in-editor)
      ...?
      Glad you figured that out. Just FYI, if you want to change to the Blue Team: Press Tab to bring up the console and type in "changeteam" (without the quotes). It'll kill you and you'll swap to the other team when you respawn..

Comment

oh, thanks!

Comment

You can specify teams for lockers?

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
            You can specify teams for lockers?
            I have no idea how to specify the teams for the lockers, or if you can.

HE was talking about changing teams in the Play In Editor feature.

Comment

yeah but he said that they could not pick up the item on blue team because it was a locker, was it warfare by any chance?

Comment

Nah, its a VCTF map, but I had placed a NodeLocker instead of a PickupFactory... so... I don't know how the NodeLockers work. They sound like a Warfare thing, but... *shrug* dunno.

Comment

Working...
                X