Attach a node to a character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach a node to a character?

Hey I recently tried to make a visual script in matinee to attach a pathnode to a player by pressing a trigger. After it is attached I should be able to run around with it like you could attach a camera actor. This node is going to be used to spawn a bot right next to me. So when I use the other trigger to spawn the bot, the bot just spawns in the location where I put the node in the beginning as conclusion that the pathnode can't be moved.

Does anyone have a solution for this?
    Another thing wich could be handy is. Would I be able to swap Trigger_3 with a console command wich I don't know how to use of course everything is done within kismet and I'm not going to hard script these things out till I know it is completely unpossible.

Ty in advance

I asked for a similar thing- attaching playerstarts to movers. The answers that I got indicated that paths are cooked and not recalculated. Folks also suggested that I use triggered playerstarts; another idea that may help you. Let us know how this turns out!

Comment

Would you necessarily need a pathnode? afaik all navigation points are static. Try an Info subclass instead.

Comment

If you're doing this for multiplayer, forget anything even remotely connected to attach. It just doesn't replicate and only works on single player. You'll have to do it through code.

If you want a bot to spawn at your location you should be a bit more sneaky. In Trigger_2, add an instigator variable. Next, when using Trigger_3, make the bot spawn at the original node. The difference now is that you should add a new on touch event on the spawn point, on touch the spawned bot (instigator) should teleport to the player by connecting the instigator from Trigger_2. This way you never have to attach anything to anyone, you just use the player as a reference. Don't forget to set an offset, or maybe something like a telefrag might happen.

If you're lucky, just connecting the instigator from Trigger_2 to Spawn Point in Actor Factory might work as well.

Comment

srr for the late response I was on holiday in greece. So I might get in unrealscript now to figure this out. Guess it needs to be done the hard way.

Comment

Working...
          X