Lachesis Custom Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Exporting my mesh from max in any orientation give me the same results in UED, How can I import my mesh already facing and rotated in the direction the default vehicles are? THis is very annoying, anything in specific I should do?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geodav View Post
    simple don't rotate them translate them but when you have the anims in ued there is a tick box which says buserotationonly (or something like that) make sure it's not ticked
    I'll give it a go, I'll let you all know if I have any questions. Thanks Geodav.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some parts don''t rotate the fcolaps on themselves kinda like a bike pump
    simple don't rotate them translate them but when you have the anims in ued there is a tick box which says buserotationonly (or something like that) make sure it's not ticked

Leave a comment:

• replied
    have a look at my tutorial but don't forget that any of the bones/objects that have anims eg the wings(open + closed) need to be parented to an extra bone which is then parented to the root bone.

not much point in suppling a source file as every vehicle is different, have a look in Ued to see how theirs are rigged, don't forget to add your sockets when you have it in ued

Hmm I'll give it a whirl, gonna have a hard time there are so many moving parts. Some parts don''t rotate the fcolaps on themselves kinda like a bike pump. How would I achieve those effects?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    have a look at my tutorial but don't forget that any of the bones/objects that have anims eg the wings(open + closed) need to be parented to an extra bone which is then parented to the root bone.

not much point in suppling a source file as every vehicle is different, have a look in Ued to see how theirs are rigged, don't forget to add your sockets when you have it in ued

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so where's the problem, have a look at the vehiclename_content.uc files look for the Seats(0)= in the default properties

Thats one thing down, but how do I change the bones or rig this thing for unreal? How do I set bones up? There are no source files to go from. I'm in the dark in what to do for the mesh set up in Max>UED.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so where's the problem, have a look at the vehiclename_content.uc files look for the Seats(0)= in the default properties

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Uploaded a motion test to first post, gives you a better idea of the full range of functions this thing has.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Functions.gif

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the cone thrusters. You can't have an R-Type without cone thrusters.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Setheran View Post
    It's a very cool looking model; I could almost see it as part of a Liandri vehicle pack. The only parts that look off to me are the cone-shaped engines - they look more like something you'd stick on the back of a Lego model rather than a detailed high-tech flying machine.
    Any siggestions for an engine change? I've been finifhin the cockpit out along with some fps elemtns for it aswell.

I really need help guys, I'll upload a video of this thing performing certain functions to try and bring out some interest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a very cool looking model; I could almost see it as part of a Liandri vehicle pack. The only parts that look off to me are the cone-shaped engines - they look more like something you'd stick on the back of a Lego model rather than a detailed high-tech flying machine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump, common guys don't let me down.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree that it is a tad uber. Alsthough I forgot to mention that some of these will have movent restrictions. I just need to get around the hurdles, any coders out there that can shed some light on this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    Sounds and looks promising, if somewhat uber. The thing seems to have nothing but advantages.
    give it 200 hp and it has no big advantage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds and looks promising, if somewhat uber. The thing seems to have nothing but advantages.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X